• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can i have vibes for Lionel again UD 05/12

I'm so sorry you've not had any more positive news Katie - but hoping that increasing his doses does the trick, sending more vibes for your brave little soldier xxx

Thanks everyone.
He is really bad today, i was late for work as i didn't want to leave him luckily OH was here most of the day. It has turned really cold here all of a sudden it was -3 this morning and i was struggling with my asthma a bit and its making me think that is more like what Lionel has and even C said today that she is convinced its like an asthma but he should have responded to the steroid injection, not sure if giving it as a nebuliser would make any difference :?

It must be so frustrating for you not knowing what exactly is wrong with him.:( I hope he gets better soon xx

Little update...

On wednesday Lionel had sticky poos on his bum (which he has never had before ever) so i took him to the vets tonight for a teeth check and yes he has spurs again and looks like he has sores on his mouth one side :(

He has also lost weight again, down to 640g so definately time for a dental, C has given me a few days to fatten him up as his weight is too low for a GA he is booked for Wednesday though and he will have chest and head xrays at the same time.

Whilst we were there he had a shot of steroid again to see if it makes any difference to him this time, i am praying for a miracle :(

Poor little Lionel :cry: I sending him all the vibes I can Katie & praying so hard that he does get better (((hugs))) xxx

:(:(:( ill be searchin for a miracle too...loads and loads more vibes until lionels miracle is found xxxx

Dare i say this but he is breathing quite a bit better this morning, still not normal but i don't think it ever will be

He has had double helping of breakfast pellets this morning and ate them all, definately going to fatten him up for Wednesday!

Glad Lionel is doing better :D

My Alfie has got asthma (well we 'think' it's similar to asthma), he had one steriod injection which worked then after that it didn't.

If you think it would help I can PM what med's he is on and what my vet thinks etc. Not saying in any way that C doesn't know but my vet has never seen a rabbit with asthma before so Alfie was very much a guniea pig! It took a few months to get him doing OK, but I know he will never ne 'normal' but he is very happy at the moment :D

Glad Lionel is doing better :D

My Alfie has got asthma (well we 'think' it's similar to asthma), he had one steriod injection which worked then after that it didn't.

If you think it would help I can PM what med's he is on and what my vet thinks etc. Not saying in any way that C doesn't know but my vet has never seen a rabbit with asthma before so Alfie was very much a guniea pig! It took a few months to get him doing OK, but I know he will never ne 'normal' but he is very happy at the moment :D

Awww that would be great thanks hun x

Back