• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can i have vibes for Lionel again UD 05/12

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, we are back from the other vets not much wiser i'm afraid :cry:

She checked him over and everything and he had an ultasound, we saw the heart but she couldn't get it at the right angle she needed to in order to measure it properly however she said it looks fine and sounds fine she is NOT convinced its a heart problem.

She listened to his breathing and watched him etc and says the problem is definately in the upper respiritory tract. She has advised me to get chest x-rays done again and see what comes up this time and to also get a head x-ray done, she is convinced it is something up top possibly an abcess on a tooth or something as simple as some debris stuck up his nose making it hard to breathe.

Really lovely vet didn't even charge me for today as she couldn't get clear enough pics on the ultrasound.
Now i need to speak to C on Monday....

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, we are back from the other vets not much wiser i'm afraid :cry:

She checked him over and everything and he had an ultasound, we saw the heart but she couldn't get it at the right angle she needed to in order to measure it properly however she said it looks fine and sounds fine she is NOT convinced its a heart problem.

She listened to his breathing and watched him etc and says the problem is definately in the upper respiritory tract. She has advised me to get chest x-rays done again and see what comes up this time and to also get a head x-ray done, she is convinced it is something up top possibly an abcess on a tooth or something as simple as some debris stuck up his nose making it hard to breathe.

Really lovely vet didn't even charge me for today as she couldn't get clear enough pics on the ultrasound.
Now i need to speak to C on Monday....

so relieved its not his heart hun i really am. gutted you still dont have answers :( lots of love to lionel xxxx

Well it's good news and frustrating news all at the same time !!
Maybe I was not totally mad to suggest a skull Xray then :?

It would be so much easier if Lionel could talk !!

Well it's good news and frustrating news all at the same time !!
Maybe I was not totally mad to suggest a skull Xray then :?

It would be so much easier if Lionel could talk !!

Nope not totally mad to suggest skull xray! Its so frustrating i just want to make his breathing better for him as he is fine in every other way, he was all over the table at Jills, tried to run off and was climbing up to see her, hes so cheeky :love: :love: :love:

Nope not totally mad to suggest skull xray! Its so frustrating i just want to make his breathing better for him as he is fine in every other way, he was all over the table at Jills, tried to run off and was climbing up to see her, hes so cheeky :love: :love: :love:

I bet Jill fell in love with Lionel at first sight !!
Who wouldn't, he's adorable :love:

I have spoken to my vet this morning, she doesn't want him to have a GA just for an xray as its too risky, we have agreed next time he needs a dental (which will probably be soon :roll: ) he will have chest and skull xrays.
In the meantime i am to pop him back on depocillin to see if anything changes as if its an abcess it *should* be responding to some form of antibiotics.
TBH i don't think we are ever going to find out, i just have to do my best for him for however long he is here with us :cry:

I have spoken to my vet this morning, she doesn't want him to have a GA just for an xray as its too risky, we have agreed next time he needs a dental (which will probably be soon :roll: ) he will have chest and skull xrays.
In the meantime i am to pop him back on depocillin to see if anything changes as if its an abcess it *should* be responding to some form of antibiotics.
TBH i don't think we are ever going to find out, i just have to do my best for him for however long he is here with us :cry:

:cry: So sorry, he couldn't have a better bunny mummy caring for him. Lots of Vibes to you and Lionel.:cry:

I'm sorry you've not got any answers yet about Lionel :( It must be so difficult not knowing what's wrong.

Sending millions more vibes for you both.

So we are going full on with the depocilin this time, every day for a week then every other day for a further 3 weeks to see how he goes, we were doing every 3 days before!

Back