• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Esme have some eating vibes? U/D back home

Thank you for all the vibes everyone.

It took a while to get an update as it's really hectic at Harcourt-Brown's today - they are full to the brim with bunnies and FHB is really busy with surgery today, so hasn't had a chance to review the less serious inpatients.

However, the vet who admitted Esme has left a message that she has eaten her Excel over night :D:D:D So, she's eaten on her own which is fantastic news. She has to be assessed by Frances before I know anything else, so she may be staying, may be coming home.... there may be 'something going on' with her ... there may not :? She might just have eaten because she's had painkillers etc. Anyhows, it's a positive update and I've to ring mid-afternoon when her auntie Frances has had chance to look at her.

I've got to go to work soon and may be collecting her from work, but I think it's more likely she will stay another night 'to make sure'... unless of course they are desperate for space.

I'll update when I can but thankies so much for the vibes :love::love:

That's good news :D lets hope she carries on nomming and there is nothing wrong ... just one of those bunny things!

I'm so sorry I missed this until now Alison. :oops: Hopefully Esme is feeling much better now - perhaps Elijah has been telling her about his recent stay at the FHB hotel and she wanted a night there herself? ;)

Sending lots of vibes. xx

I'm so sorry I missed this until now Alison. :oops: Hopefully Esme is feeling much better now - perhaps Elijah has been telling her about his recent stay at the FHB hotel and she wanted a night there herself? ;)
Sending lots of vibes. xx

:? Them bunnehs are plotting :? I have actually seen the veg being delivered there so you might be right :lol::lol::lol: Them bunnehs going to a posh spa town and having me slaving away to pay for it :roll:

Thanks again for all the vibes.

I rang again for an update at 1.40, at 3.00 and then 4.00 as they estimated that's when there would be news. Poor FHB has been rushed off her feet today. When she got chance to see Esme she reported back that:
She's bright and lively and eating really well :love::love::love: She has to stay in again tonight for obs (just as well as I'm still exhausted and don't think I'd be fit to go and get her). Strangely enough, I didn't think I was worried but blubbed when I was told she was okay :oops::oops::oops:

Elijah has an appointment tomorrow am for an eye/'snip' check up so I *may* be bringing Esma home to :love::love::love:

Last edited:
That's good news, I'm glad she's doing well. :D:D I hope you manage to get a good night's sleep now you know all is fine. :)

Im glad to hear Esme is feeling better. You must be so stressed and tired. Hopefully she can come home tomorrow and continue to feel better! :wave:

She's home. She really hated the car journey :cry::cry:

There wasn't anything to find, sounds like she had a stomach upset. The nurse had to clean her bottom this morning (I've never had to do that for Esme before). She passed a huge poop yesterday which was either the result or cause of the 'slow down', who can say :roll: Anyhows she's back and tucking into hay and raspberry leaves.

Esma says fankies for all the vibes :wave:

She's home. She really hated the car journey :cry::cry:

There wasn't anything to find, sounds like she had a stomach upset. The nurse had to clean her bottom this morning (I've never had to do that for Esme before). She passed a huge poop yesterday which was either the result or cause of the 'slow down', who can say :roll: Anyhows she's back and tucking into hay and raspberry leaves.

Esma says fankies for all the vibes :wave:

Hopefully that's her tum sorted now :)

Welcome home Esme. :wave::wave:

Hopefully mummy won't need to do any more bottom washing. Alfie and Bubbles overdid the grass comsumption a couple of wks back and had really stinky runny poo bums. :mrgreen: Me and oh were both heaving as we cleaned. :mrgreen: :lol:

Thanks again for all the vibes and good wishes (sorry so late replying here, been working non-stop since she got home).

Hopefully mummy won't need to do any more bottom washing. Alfie and Bubbles overdid the grass comsumption a couple of wks back and had really stinky runny poo bums. :mrgreen: Me and oh were both heaving as we cleaned. :mrgreen: :lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm please to say Esme's botty has stayed clean (Esme's quite pleased about this as well)... She's a real sweety but she puts up a struggle at being 'messed with' in any way. They gave her a few days worth of Domperidone when she last had gastric upset (which was a nightmare to get in her as loads of it) but this time the conversation went "well if she's eaten all that then she won't need any meds to take home!" :p

Back