• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippa

sending you a huge hug and lots of love.

Pippa you are a stunning girl the bridge is very lucky to have you, enjoy and relax you deserve it after your brave fight, rest easy xxx

Thanbk you Mark and Shell for your kind words. I hope she is relaxing now, she was very brave and fought for as long as she could b4 she told me it was time.

Oh Nicolar I am deeply sorry to hear about your beautiful Pippa :cry:
I apologise for not writing sooner, but have only just come online after a very busy few days, so hope you did not think I had no bothered to write :(

I will write properly very soon, but in the meantime, we send all our love,. and hugs, if you need us, you know we are here. :wink:

Adele, David and the bunnies
XXX

Nicola I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news, sending big hugs your way ((((Hugs))))

Binky free sweet Pippaxxxx

Adele, of course I didn't think anything like that, I know you are very busy and have had your own loss to cope with, it's so emotionally draining. Thank you for your lovely kind wishes, I just can't believe she isn't here anymore but I know things will get easier.

Mandy thank you, need lots of hugs at the mo!! I'm just about to clear my room, have been putting it off all evening but think I am ready now.

We are going to bury her in the garden tomorrow and get a lovely plant for her.

Nicola

Nicola, I don't see there is anything wrong with keeping mementos. I have Harriet's box of ashes at my bedside along with her collar and tag and a picture of her, they have been there for the last year! Also, a month or so ago, I found the receipt for her spay back in 1994 and do you think I could throw it out???? Don't be daft! It has gone in the special box...I see nothing at all wrong in us wanting to keep memories of our speical little friends. :wink:

Binky free swet little Pippa.
So many new friends to play with there.
And a potential burrow sharer to come in Jack when it will be his time to go there. His Mummy will have a hyard job there too.

Thinking of you Nicolar.
It is a hard thing to do to make that final decision, but one you made in an act of total selflessness.
Not selfishly going o and on with her, just to keep youi happy.
You had Pippa's wellbeing at the centre of your heart and you knew when her time had come and you let her go.
That love will always remain until you meet up with her again.

Ah thank you Michele, what lovely words. It is the one last thing we can do for our much loved pets. It will be ever so hard for Jane to let Jack go, but I know whenhis time comes he has the best bunny Mummy who will do what is best for him.

Ah Lizzie you are so right, I found her little willow ring with chew marks on so have put that somewhere safe, upset me ever so much seeing her little teeth marks. I have a lovely picture of her in my bedroom and tomorrow I will find a couple more to put in frames around my room. Her chewed up bed will be staying safe too, although not a destructive bun she decided one night that it wasn't much good having a neat bed and proceeded to rip chunks out of it! :lol: I had also just brought her a new food bowl for Xmas, so somewhere safe for that too.

I know that burying her will be really hard tomorrow :(

Poor Nic. I really do sympathise as well. I found it ever so hard when I lost my little hamster last year. I felt like I could never be happy again. But with time, I decided to try really hard to think of all the good times we had and what a good life I gave little Angus. We also had a burial for him and in the evening we lit a candle for him, it seemed like the right thing to do. I'm sure Pippa would like to be looking down on a happy Nicolar, who is sad at the moment, but is thinking of the good times and will get through this hard time.
Take care.
Nicola x

ps-if you have any trouble sleeping I remember a good strong vodka and orange got me fast asleep pretty quickly :)

Thanks Nicola. It is ever so hard when a loved animal dies. I'm finding it very hard today, I know tomorrow will be just the same. And am dreading Monday morning at work as everybody will wanna know how she is. But I have been here before and I know that time is a great healer, u never forget them but in time the good memories will start flooding back, I am waiting for that day.

Sleep tight little Pippa-pie, I love u ever so much. I hope that the Bridge is as comfy as my bedroom and u are snuggled up with a friend tonight. Tonight will be ever so hard for me, not listening to you breathing and hearing you munching, but I will be brave as you have been for me the past few weeks xxxxxx

You sleep tight as well Nic. Everyone is thinking of you. Try to think of the fun things you both did together. I think about how my little Angus used to run around the lounge and push out the dvd's from behind the stack and make us jump while we were watching tv and how he was always happy to see us. If we came in late, he used to stand on his hing legs and stare at us, until we let him out for a run around, he was such a happy little boy. But when it was his time to go, we had to let him go and couldn't force him to stay. I'm sure you did the same with your Pippa. Look at her little chewed up bed and smile. You gave a great bunny a great life and that is something you can always be proud of.
Take care and stay strong.
Nicola x

omg what a shock I know she has had problems and i am sure she is in a better place with no pain, my thoughts are with you Nicolar I know how much you loved her, binky free ickle Pippa you will see your mummy again one day :cry: :cry:

Thank you Birdiebun and Cyberbunn. It was a real shock how quickly she deteriorated but I knew last week it wouldn't be long, just didn't expect it so soon! :(

so sorry to hear about Pippa :( I know I'm a bit late, but it just makes me so sad to come here :( I know how much it hurts to loose a much loved bun, I cried so much I thought my heart would burst when I lost my special guy Bilbo last year, he was 9. He left for the bridge last June and I still miss him very much. I wish I knew about this forum then, everyone here is so supportive.
Binky free Pippa xx

Poor you my dear but little Pippa needed to go to the Bridge and you would not have wanted anything else but for her to be at peace as it all happened so quickly. Please do keep your cherished bits and pieces of her as they will give you great comfort. I still have my beloved Toby's lead which I hold to my nose just to smell him and photos of my darling Fluffy on my office wall. They give me great pleasure and you will find the same

love.gif

Thank you Marlene and Sparklefairy. I still have her bed in room and bag of hay, I miss her dreadfully but I know I did the best thing for her, my little angel. xx

Back