• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippa, friendly little female (Essex) - REHOMED

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
pippa1.jpg

This is Pippa, a very friendly and cute Nethie cross. She is approximately 14 months old and of sable otter colour.

Her previous owner bought her and her brother when they were babies and a few weeks (!) later decided to hand them over to Briar Patch Rescue, because she could not take them with her to university. By that time, Pippa had already given birth to 5 babies AND was pregnant again. Four weeks later she had another litter, this time with 7 babies. The poor little girl was quite exhausted, as you can imagine.

Her brother and all but one of her babies have found new homes now, only Pippa is still waiting for someone to fall in love with her. She is neutered and up to date with all her vaccinations. She is a small bunny and looking for a neutered boyfriend and a large accomodation. If you don't have a bunny friend for her, yet, take a look at the Briar Patch website, you can find some suitable boys there. The rescue will help you with the bonding.

If you are interested in giving Pippa a new home, please e-mail or call Briar Patch Rescue, and check out the website for more information on the requirements for adoption and general advice on rabbit care.

e-mail: briarpatchrescue@aol.com

Last edited:
Pippa is a lovely girl :love:

Am I right in thinking that the bun on the left in your avatar is one of her daughters, Gisela?

AlisonA said:
Pippa is a lovely girl :love:

Am I right in thinking that the bun on the left in your avatar is one of her daughters, Gisela?

Yes, that's Pippa's daughter Penny. I've never had such a friendly bunny before, her fur is very soft, I just want to cuddle her all day. But her boyfriend can get a bit jealous and grumpy. :lol:

She is lovey. I am seriously considering bonding a girl to my loved up buns Alfie and Holly but am a bit nervous about rocking the love nest!!

If i do it i have to do it now or in August when i get back from honeymoon.. i dont want to worry about them not having bonded properly etc on the lead up to my wedding as i will be stressed enough..

anyway, my two live in a 6 x 7 shed and i have the capacity for another girl.

Where abouts is she??

She is in Essex, not too far. Briar Patch will look after bonding :)

I am hoping to add another girl to my two soon as well!

I used to live in Surbition, went to Uni in Kingston :D

Not that it really matters but just wanted to add shes a Marten Sable, and a medium Marten Sable if we want to get technical. Not a Sable Otter. (I show rabbits so know all the technical names for colours - a few on your website are wrong, if you want to know what they are PM me)

Shes is lovely, I'm sure she'll find the loving home she deserves.

Thanks. To be honest, we aren't that bothered about what colour they are and we hope the potential homes will be looking for their fab personalities, rather than the right coat :D

Oh sure I hope people pick her for her personality too, like I said it doesn't really matter, its just a personal bugbear that people so little about rabbit breeds and colours when all the dog ones are fairly well known. I hate walking into the vets with a Mini Lop and having them proudly tell me its an English lop :shock: Just bugs me that they don't have a clue. :roll: If they can't identify it how are they supposed to treat it!

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox about stupid vets now :lol:

Ive been to Brair Patch before - unfortnately its too fay to take my two, they get v distressed in the car.

i hope she finds a nice home soon xx

Surbiton is just down the road from me. :wave: I'll probably get another pretty foster bunny tomorrow, a Dutch girl. Keep watching this space.:D

Breeders may call Pippa "medium", but I think she is a small bunny. I have adopted her daughter Penny, and she is very light with lots of soft fur. Otters are lovely, with the lighter colour on the belly and the ears. And Pippa is very friendly, too.
There are rumours that a certain member of this forum would like to bond her with her little bunny boy, so fingers crossed. :D

Back