• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pineapple

luna

Mama Doe
Is a tiny treat sized amount ok for bunnies? I am being harassed on the couch by Rosie but don't want to give her any until I'm sure it's ok xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Is a tiny treat sized amount ok for bunnies? I am being harassed on the couch by Rosie but don't want to give her any until I'm sure it's ok xx

Yup it's on the safe list on saveafluff :)

Silly question, is it fresh pineapple ?

It was fresh pineapple that I gave Rosie anyway. I think I may have been a little greedy myself though ... My tongue is sore now from the acidity !!! Ouch :(

It was fresh pineapple that I gave Rosie anyway. I think I may have been a little greedy myself though ... My tongue is sore now from the acidity !!! Ouch :(

I just sat down with my "fruit platter" from asda and got mugged :(

I just sat down with my "fruit platter" from asda and got mugged :(

When Rosie harasses me too much I sit on the coffee table in the lotus position. That way she can't steal my food or nip my ankles. It's like my own little bunny free Island. Lol :) I'm not safe from her filthy looks up there though !!!

When Rosie harasses me too much I sit on the coffee table in the lotus position. That way she can't steal my food or nip my ankles. It's like my own little bunny free Island. Lol :) I'm not safe from her filthy looks up there though !!!

I end up standing in the kitchen :lol: I just get glared at when I do!
Maizie stole a piece of fruit, jumping off the sofa, sharing it with Daisy, and trying to get more!! Cheeky monsters

I end up standing in the kitchen :lol: I just get glared at when I do!
Maizie stole a piece of fruit, jumping off the sofa, sharing it with Daisy, and trying to get more!! Cheeky monsters

Maizie shares ? Gosh any of my pairs have always been out for themselves where food is concerned. It must be sisterly love. Aww!

Maizie shares ? Gosh any of my pairs have always been out for themselves where food is concerned. It must be sisterly love. Aww!

I say share...Daisy steals it from her, Maizie steals it back, Daisy steals it again etc :roll:

I say share...Daisy steals it from her, Maizie steals it back, Daisy steals it again etc :roll:

This so made me laugh! My buns are terrors for stealing from each other and have to be policed to make sure everybun gets a fair share :lol:

LOL, reminds me of the time somebun stole a banana peel from my desk, knocking over everything in the process... Pineapple fresh or naturally dried is totally safe. The enzymes in it are thought (not necessarily proved,) to be good for bunny digestion, as is papaya. Been giving my little one small pieces for breakfast since the spring/summer moult. The spoilt Missy has been getting a couple of teaspoons of Tropical Fruit Melody for breakfast everyday for weeks and twerks her bottom like crazy as soon as she touches it! :p

This so made me laugh! My buns are terrors for stealing from each other and have to be policed to make sure everybun gets a fair share :lol:
I leave Maizie and Daisy to it :lol:
Yep this sounds like my two girls too :lol: always eating from each other's mouthes & not the bowl :roll:
The only time they don't do it is when I scatter their pellets, and when they have their fenugreek crunchies :roll:

So I've just bought a little pot of fresh pineapple, M & S pineapple, not just any pineapple :lol: Treacle bun (girly) nearly took my fingers off-loves it ! Toffee bun (boy) came over, sniffed and hopped away in disgust, typical lad eh ? All the more for us girlies :lol:

Thanks for that, will do, it was only a little taster, all the more for me :D

And in case you didnt know why, too much sugar for a rabbit upsets the incredibly delicate balance of good bacteria in the gut and can cause all manner of issues from there :wave:

Nowt wrong with a treat every now and again!

Back