• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piece of snake in hay U/D pic post #20

hehe thats unlucky! haha take the bag back for a refund then you'll get a "free" replacement bag hopefully a good deal if you've used most of the current bag already hehe

Im taking it in to work tomorrow to see if someone can identify it! Not sure whether to take it back to the shop or not I figured that's a hazard of buying cheapy hay! Couple of months ago I had to take a naturals gnaw stone back because if had a wormy thing crawling in the rose petals!! Bad luck or what!

:shock::shock::shock:

I once found a dead dried up mouse, and also I am forever finding feathers in my hay. Not sure how I'd react to a snake, but if I ever found a rat, even a dead one, I would FREAK!!!!

Ok I am now really disturbed... should we name and shame the hay brnads/makers in question so that if we ever have to buy that brand we know to be cautious!!!

The bag in question doesn't have any writing on it its just clear plastic. Its quite cheap and I assume must be a local supplier. I bought it from Sea Pets....I shouldn't really be going there as they sell bunnies and small hutches :oops: now I can add dodgy hay to the list! I will let them know.

BTW a colleague at work said its quite hard to tell, but looks like a grass snake rather than an adder as there wasn't much in the way of patterned scales visible!

Back