• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos Of Your Outside Housing Needed Please for Rabbit Expo!

Buttons' and Snowy's playhouse :)

shed3.jpg

shed5.jpg

This is my girls set up. The wendyhouse (£100 on ebay) is 4ft square at the base and about 5 feet tall at the roof apex. The run is 6x4x2ft, (albany pets, ebay) attached to the house by hook and eye so i can take it off, fold it up, move it around the garden etc.

P1090138.jpg

P1090142.jpg

P1090139.jpg

P1090149.jpg

There are step-by-step construction pics on here http://photobucket.com/bunningham_palace though i dont think they are in the right order!

This is my girls set up. The wendyhouse (£100 on ebay) is 4ft square at the base and about 5 feet tall at the roof apex. The run is 6x4x2ft, (albany pets, ebay) attached to the house by hook and eye so i can take it off, fold it up, move it around the garden etc.

P1090138.jpg

P1090142.jpg

P1090139.jpg

P1090149.jpg

There are step-by-step construction pics on here http://photobucket.com/bunningham_palace though i dont think they are in the right order!

Brilliant thank you. That's such a nice set up - bit like my own only better!

All of these are making mine look like pants!:(

P1090138.jpg

P1090142.jpg

P1090139.jpg

P1090149.jpg

We have used hook and eye too :)

This is a 5"4 Wendy House attached to a 4"4 run for my two buns Fiver and Mose. The will be moved into a Shed with attached 6"5 Run in the summer.
mosehouseSmall-1.jpg

Inside the Wendyhouse
21-10-07_1409Small.jpg

This was for my two mini rex's before they moved into their new shed/run
The hutch is 4"3 and comprised of 3 upper levels and a ground level. The attached run is 7"4 feet.
HPIM1118Small2.jpg

29-09-07_1747Small.jpg

The New Shed/Run. This is a 6"4 Shed with an adjoined 6"5 Run. There is a catflap in the shed to allow access into the run.
DSC08371Small-1.jpg

DSC08615Small-1.jpg

DSC08613.jpg

In the shed theres a cosybox in the bottom filled with hay and on top of the box a shelf. Theres a ladder leading up to another shelf which sits at the shed window where the buns love to sit and look out. My hubby made a mesh door that goes all the way across the shelf to stop any buns trying to leap off! Its on a hinge so lifts up and is hooked onto an eye in the roof for cleaning/access.

Hey Mini Mallow.

Thanks for the great pictures. I particularly love the blue wendy house.:love::love: See rabbit housing can be so practical and so pretty!

I am in love with your buns, especially the ginger coloured rex!:love::love:

Hi Helen

Here are some pics of my set-up. These were taken when it was first done and some more bits have been done inside the shed, i.e. vinyl flooring, etc. If I get the chance to get some updated pics I will send them to you.

These were the hutches they were in temporarily until shed/run were done. These are now used for my fosters.

DSCF1468.jpg

Andy, my OH, making a start with a 2yr old Supervisor!

DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1467.jpg

The beginning of the run. I think it's important to note that all the materials used for this (apart from the mesh) were free. The wood was from an old farm gate that Andy took apart and reused. The blocks of wood were from a huge chestnut tree that was taken down in my MIL's garden - these make great seats when in with the buns. The plastic tubing for the tunnel and playtube are those that they use when doing major roadworks, etc.:

DSCF1483-1.jpg

DSCF1486-1.jpg

Run complete - release buns into the run for 1st time:

DSCF1621-2.jpg

Two happy buns:

DSCF1622-2.jpg

Inside the shed (this is sectioned off so rabbits have their side which is 8ft x 4ft and the remainder of shed is used for storage of hay, etc). Again, all of the materials used for this was free. It was made from the frame of some bunk beds from Freecycle:

DSCF1588-1.jpg

DSCF1584-1.jpg

Hope these are of some use to you. Good luck with your event - sounds fab.

Ange xx

OOOh Ange, I am glad that you have posted these pictures as I am always telling people about your bunny mound so to speak.

Thank you for the piccis.

:D:D

these are from ebay and cost about £100. I put the extra shelf in. they are actually chicken coops!

002.jpg

Mine are in a 10ft by 4ft dog kenel. There is an extra shelf now.
121020081367.jpg

You can see there inside area that they hardly use.
121020081354.jpg

When it gets warmer we are going to build an outside run with grass in for them.

This is my setup:

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

It is a bit complicated though :lol:

The playhouse is 4ft x 4ft and has a 6ft x 4ft run on the front. The shed is split into two 6ft x 3ft pens which lead into the two bigger runs which are both 6ft x 5ft. The run at the back has overhead storage :lol: The runs were all built from scratch using wood and weld mesh from B&Q.

Hey everyone, thanks again for the great photos. I am so pleased that I have got so many great photos to use. People won't be able to complain that they don't have any ideas of how to set up bunnies accommodation now will they.

Can see that I will have a busy weekend sorting out all of the pictures and getting them onto notice boards!:D

Back