• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phoebe and merlin rebonded for over a week and a half ...now this...help!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
theyve been living in a pen in nikkis room on her lino floor....theyve been bonded before but broke up. Its been amazing.....not one single spat or nipping! there was loads of humping but it had just started to settle down. Now poor Phoebes had to gave a dental and got lots of soft tissue damage...shes had to stay in the vets overnight. Im worried sick but also for merlin..he has an ongoing gut problem caused by necrotic fat wound around his gi tract and it sweels up and blockages occur. Id never have let him go with..but theyre so wrapped up in each other that i dudnt want to break their bond...i think the stress of that would have been as bad as this vet stay.

if bith of them are ok and go back in their pen...how long should i let them settle back intona routine for? And once theyre bonded living in a pen..when is it safe to let them out back to free ranging the room? last time it had been over two weeks and suddenly they started fighting under the bed and hadbto live apart. so i couldnt risk the bond to break again...merlins so happy to be loved up....he wasbwith bertie but it was berties fur who blocked his tummy and he was sneakily over eating on berties food and overgrooming bertie. Hes so happy to be bonded back with phoebe again....and shes in love with him too.
was i being selfish to take him with? and how long do you think it will be safe to kniw when they are bonded enough to be let free range again but together?

Back