• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s not eating =[ (Much better!)

I am sorry I missed this yesterday. He will feel much better when he is living with his ladies. It's still early days :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Seems to be normal from what I can see.

So something interesting I noticed last night. He perked up yesterday evening, so I don’t think it’s a pain thing because he was due his metacam dose yet wasn’t acting in pain at all. Which made me think, the times he seems the worst are first thing in the morning when we’ve been asleep all night and he’s been on his own, and during the day when we’ve both been out at work. When we’re home he’s much happier generally, which leads me to think that he’s just getting quite depressed when we’re not around. Even though he can see B&W and that helps, it’s not the same as being bonded to a rabbit. He’s never been much of a ‘people’ rabbit but he’s become so sensitive lately it seems. I didn’t quite realise how much he depended on Snowy and how much of an impact her death would have on him.

I know he has a multitude of health problems and I will absolutely take him to the vet if I feel he needs to go but it just seems too much of a coincidence that these behaviours started immediately after Snowy died. So if it is related to his problems it’s almost like her death has made his health worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Phillip. You are a very sensitive little bunny and it must be awful to lose your soulmate. It can be lonely even when there are others around us.
I know with some people who are together a long time the one partner will start to falter, even physically, when the other one passes. I hope Phillip will remain healthy until he can be bonded with the two beautiful ladies B & W. At least he improves when you are home.

Thanks everyone. He’s got more of an appetite today thankfully.

I know with some people who are together a long time the one partner will start to falter, even physically, when the other one passes. I hope Phillip will remain healthy until he can be bonded with the two beautiful ladies B & W. At least he improves when you are home.

Yes that’s what it reminds me of! It’s very sad but shows the connection he had with Snowy, I honestly didn’t realise how much he depended on her.

Britney and Whitney are much better with their litter tray now, we are only having one accident a day max so we will be able to start bonding soon now I’m off for Christmas [emoji3526]

Thanks everyone. He’s got more of an appetite today thankfully.

Yes that’s what it reminds me of! It’s very sad but shows the connection he had with Snowy, I honestly didn’t realise how much he depended on her.

Britney and Whitney are much better with their litter tray now, we are only having one accident a day max so we will be able to start bonding soon now I’m off for Christmas [emoji3526]

Oh now that is exciting. x

A bit of a sad Phillip this morning, but he’s cheered up this afternoon as I’ve filled a cardboard box with food which is keeping him entertained

a10e508ad2e2cda5d31ebb6285493577.jpg

25cb66ae45471fa2ad17f88fc6616d51.jpg

nose bumps for Phillip. Hopefully the girls will provide a distraction. Good luck with bonding when the time comes xxx

Back