• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets At Home Insurance

:shock::shock::shock: I just got a quote for Artie (6.5 years old) Petplan don't start insurance for over 5 years. The quote for the annual is 6.08 and lifetime is 7.32.

I'm seriously considering this insurance. If I can moving Binky, Shadow, Tink and Rudy without losing much money I could insure Artie at no extra cost, maybe even saving money.

*goes off to look at figures and terms in more detail*

:shock::shock::shock: I just got a quote for Artie (6.5 years old) Petplan don't start insurance for over 5 years. The quote for the annual is 6.08 and lifetime is 7.32.

I'm seriously considering this insurance. If I can moving Binky, Shadow, Tink and Rudy without losing much money I could insure Artie at no extra cost, maybe even saving money.

*goes off to look at figures and terms in more detail*

Jelly is five now and I cant insure her with petplan either so i think its really good. :)

Unfortunately the cover isn't as extensive as the petplan cover. Personally I'd rather pay the extra few quid for a smaller excess and greater cover.
I guess if you have more rabbits it makes sense to try and keep costs down though, we only have the one x

If I had one I would stick with petplan, but when you have three it isnt cost effective so im glad there a "middle ground" insurance available now

Jelly is five now and I cant insure her with petplan either so i think its really good. :)

Yes, it certainly is. I was expecting if they did cover that it would be a ridiculously high price and it isn't, it's the same as the 1 year old bunnies :D:D

Yes, it certainly is. I was expecting if they did cover that it would be a ridiculously high price and it isn't, it's the same as the 1 year old bunnies :D:D
Im viewing it as like a middle ground insurance, like with dogs you have so many options of cover, and its nice you now have that option for rabbits too, and that they can be covered at an older age. Because 5 isnt that old is it really, when they can potentially live 10+!

I didnt realise they did insurance! Just put my buns on it, £5.44 a month! I havent put them on lifetime, just the normal cover.

:wave: What did you put Domino's breed down as? I can't find dwarf lop:? I ran the quote as Holland lop.

I'm going to insure Artie. I never thought of the most money going on investigations scenario, though I suppose you run the risk of the investigations happening during the renewal period when I quess you'd be up the creak :? Eck, I'm in a dilemma now.

:wave: What did you put Domino's breed down as? I can't find dwarf lop:? I ran the quote as Holland lop.

I'm going to insure Artie. I never thought of the most money going on investigations scenario, though I suppose you run the risk of the investigations happening during the renewal period when I quess you'd be up the creak :? Eck, I'm in a dilemma now.

I think the chances of that are quite slim really, it could happen but I dont think its likely, but it depends, Im not 100% sure myself, i have already done it but I could change it!

Non pedigree domestic for all of them :)

I saw the leaflet for this today and thought it looked a good price. I don't want to risk moving from Petplan though as they've been very good paying out for Little Ted, also BARC gets 10% of our premiums as we took it out with their referral number when we got the buns. Could make a huge difference in cost for some of you out there with loads of bunnies though.

I think the chances of that are quite slim really, it could happen but I dont think its likely, but it depends, Im not 100% sure myself, i have already done it but I could change it!

Non pedigree domestic for all of them
:)

Thanks. I wasn't looking properly, makes them sound really exotic :lol::lol:

Artie is now insured. He's is £7.32 a month. Esme is £11.46 a month (Pet Plan) :? I can't move her though as I've made claims for stasis and it wouldn't be covered if I moved her. The others are all about £8. I'm now paying £70 a month for bunny insurance :shock: Still, only Artie's bladder, Artie and Rudy's bellies aren't covered, just about everything else is now insured.

my 2 buns are insured for £14.58 per month with exotic direct which works out more or less the same as P@H however they cover up to £2000 whilst P@H only cover costs up to £1000. It doesn't sound like a lot but i have just forked out nearly £800 on ops for my guinea pig and if he doesn't improve tonight i may have to have him PTS =(

I would only ever go for life cover. There are so many conditions that can recur after a year. The cost of them staying at the vets for just a few days for treatment can be hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

The life cover is still pretty cheap, it's cheaper than pet plan but the excess is higher and the claim limit is lower. Plus they have a low limit for everything dental related. Might be worth considering if you are on a budget.

Mine all have to stay on PetPlan because they've been treated for tummy trubbles and so would be excluded from any new policy.

I agree with Stator, if I were going to buy insurance I would only ever go for "for life" cover.
I can't imagine paying out all that money for insurance only to be told "tough luck" if my bun developed a long term condition, particularly as those often end up the most expensive.

Very good price, I've been considering doing mine with them :)

Back