• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pet insurance

It's hard cos at work we're not allowed to say anything about a specific company, but we can say things about lifetime policy, watch out for pre existing etc but all has to be general sadly.

Has anyone heard of or used Helpucover? It comes up £13 a month cheaper for both the buns than Agria and for Lillabelle it's only £10.80 pm with both covered for £2000 per year and there is an excess of £50.

Agria is the only one that gives £2500 per year cover with £75 excess but is most expensive at £36.52.

Pet plan is £2 per month cheaper but again covers for £2000 and £65 excess but mentions paying out on pre-existing conditions. I will need to read the small print on that to know what it means though.

I'm wondering if Helpucover pays out on claims usually if anyone knows anything that would be useful thanks

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Aww thank you for thinking of Bigwig, yes Mischief reminds me of her despite them looking nothing alike :love:

I'm sure there is some one on here who is/was insured with helpucover... I don't have any experience of it through work as we work directly with very few companies.

Aww thank you for thinking of Bigwig, yes Mischief reminds me of her despite them looking nothing alike :love:

I'm sure there is some one on here who is/was insured with helpucover... I don't have any experience of it through work as we work directly with very few companies.
[emoji173]

Thank you for this. Helpucover comes out as poor on reviews. Agria, Petplan and 4Paws all come out as excellent.

We think we will go with Agria based on the reviews as they come out on top just above Petplan plus the fact we get an extra £500 cover a year although we do have to pay a higher premium each month. Plus you have the option of paying an extra 10% towards the claim with Agria and reducing the premium amount xx

Last edited:
Back