• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people with more than 2 buns....

I initially had Honey as a house bunny then got Wesley bonded with Honey but this didn't work out. So I had two single side by side house bunnies.

I went to Fatfluffs with Michelleox for her to get a bunny for her Amber. I ended up falling love with Merlin after a cuddle. Merlin needed a friend as I had an empty playhouse so I was going to adopt Akasma as a friend. Merlin became sick so I was unable to adopt him.

I decided I would adopt Akasma with another bun Frankie.

Then Merlin became well enough to be adopted so Fatfluffs asked if I was still interested. Said yes was going to bond as a trio with Frankie and Akasma but didn't work out so put Merlin with Wesley and they got on great.

Fostered Diego for a six months and me, mum and dad fell in love with him. He was difficult to home as he didn't like other rabbits or people.

Sorry for the long story.

I originally had a pair of brothers but one was pts at 16 wks. Once Floppy was neutered we found a friend for him, Mittens, in a rescue. Milly was advertised in Gumtree as free to good home with hutch. I was going to get her a friend but decided to try a bond with Floppy and Mittens. The three of them were fab together until Mittens was pts. I noticed a vast difference in Floppy after Mits dying because he still had Millie compared to when he was on his own when Sonic died.

I now want to keep a trio when I can so that there isn't one left alone. Starfish has now joined Floppy and Millie and they are great together. :love:

I never thought in a million years I would have 14 buns!! Started off 2 years ago with an unwanted pair of sister buns for my 2 daughters then after a year I thought 'Hmmmmm! I don't have a bunny of my own' so I got my 'son' Pippin who then needed a friend so we got Poppy Peaches - I fell so very much in love with bunnies and wanted to 'help' and 'rescue' more as I knew I could support and love them. The rest is history - I now feel 100% happy and contented in my life and as weird as it seems, the missing piece of jigsaw in my life has been found! Loving bunnies! :love::love:

I so much agree with you!!!

I have 5 pairs of buns in 50ft square + enclosures. Partly I was responding to the need and partly I like the variety of lots of personalities and the challenges ( I rescue ones with something tricky about them!). I also reallly enjoy looking after them even the cleaning - I guess they meet a need in me to have lots of somebodies to care for!

Well, as I mentioned in the other thread, I fostered two pregnant mommas and wound up with 19 buns in my house. ;)

Pinky and Evander were from the first litter, where mom rejected them. We wound up having to hold down momma for feedings twice a day, and aside from that, I was their mommy. I was really strongly bonded to Pinky when he was born. I don't know why, he just looked different from the rest, and even now he is the one who will cuddle with me on the couch for ages!

Evander Hopsinafield was formerly known as One Ear. His mom bit off his ear, or possibly overgroomed him, just after he was born. We didn't think he'd make it, but he did, and had such a personality! I couldn't give him up. I was afraid of his prospects as a 1-eared bunny, especially an agouti, even though I thought (and still think) that he is beautiful! So I knew that I was gonna have to keep him. :) They were supposed to just be a pair, but then there was Scruffy....

Scruffy came to us as an orphan with Graham's Ginger, and we added them to feeding time with momma. Ginger was always the strong one, but Scruffy had problems and was very skinny and weak. A picture of them together:
babies14.jpg

(Scruffy is on the right.)
We weren't sure if Scruffy was gonna make it, and then he got fly strike. :( I caught it in time though, and when we took him to the vet the next day they said he looked like he was gonna be okay. After that, he started eating, and hasn't stopped since. ;) Now he's just a little ball of love! My husband was obsessed with Scruffy and refused to give him up, so we ended up with a trio instead of a pair!

I had buddy and bramble and then when i took them the vet he asked me if i would look after two babies that had been brought in as the owners didnt want them so i took sooty and sweep on. Then looked after pixel for a month while owner was away with work. Her son who has autism kept letting him out so he came to live with me.

Then bramble died and a lady on here was looking for a home for a baby french lop, so i enquired cos i cant do without a frenchie in my life and she told me that both babies were up for adoption so i got both as i think bonded bunnies are a must.

Then buddy died, and decided that 5 was enough and wasnt adopting anymore, then walking out of my front door one day there was a box with a boo in it, and he stayed. 6 bunnies are enough. they all have different personalities and make me laugh. Boo is the smalllest bunny i have but the one with the most charcter and excitement. was playing with the kids yesterday. using them as a race course while they were sitting out having a picnic

I think at the moment 4 is my limit, we have no more room & need to bond the 4 we have at the moment.
We never intended to have 4 either, I only wanted one because I was lonely at uni so I got Dash who was a very quiet bunny so when I moved into a rented house I thought we should get him a lady friend so on the way to look for a female my OH was describing the most cutest little rabbit ever & when we got there she was there perfectly how he described her & I fell in love. We couldn't take her though because when they were checking her over she had an abscess, so we chose Lou instead whos a little rascal. After a few days I kept thinking about the little girl who had an abscess so we rang up about her & they said she was fine but was gonna be put in for adoption so we decided to take her as well. It wasn't until 2 months later when we went to the vets with them that we found out they were males lol.
After that me & the OH were a little shocked, we had so wanted a girl so one day we just so this little baby girl on her own who was looking up at us wanting strokes & we decided to get her (made sure they triple checked she was a girl) lol.
I would love to have more but at the moment we don't have the space of money to look after more, but I do plan to have a little rabbit farm at some point :p

When I waas getting my second rabbit we saw a little guy there that was ill, my brother felt sorry for him and wanted to take him home but of course they wouldn't let us as he was ill.
So anyhow when we heard that the lil guy was better and looking for a home my brother and I just had to take him.

Thats how two became three ;)

To give a more accurate and sensible reply though: I would never have had more than a pair if I hadn't moved to where I live now. This property has a field and a stable on it. I am not a horsey person, so converted the stable into a rabbit house. Basically, I had the space and told a very naughty rescue lady who twisted my arm into rescuing many many pairs...
I now see it as - when the space runs out, I will say I have reached my limit. They are all outdoor paired up buns, so they need less individual attention than a single/ housebun would. I am part time, so I spend my days off cleaning out, talking to and checking them all. My limit is nearly reached now though....naughty rescue lady. :evil:;)

:wave: hey guys,

really just following on from the thread 'know your limits', was just wondering:

for people who have more than 2 buns, and have them more out of choice (ie not unwanted litters, bonding issues so had to get more etc) what made you want more than 2??

just being nosey really :lol:

xx

I got Flash as a pet, I got Harley because some stupid breeder was giving rabbits away for free to kids :evil: I got to him before some clueless person did, I got Jez because my idiot friend bought him for his 'rabbit-loving cousin', who didn't want him, I got Rory because I simply fell in love with him, I got Hadley to breed, I kept Daiiro from the litter because she was the best of the bunch, and Baby we kept after we were let down by two new-owners

They're addictive :love: :lol:

Went to a rescue for a girl (for Oliver who'd lost his bunny friend of 3 years. There were 2 girls (litter-mates), Sugar & Spice, who'd been born in the rescue. They got on well with Oliver from the start and apart from a very brief spell of the girls fighting with each other after being spayed, it has been ok. I really only meant to have 2 rabbits. If I had more space/money, I'd like to have lots of pairs.

Winning the lottery WOULD change me - I'd have loads of buns and loads of space for them........

I had Ralph and joined here to be educated that he needed a partner, so got Ruby. Then heard of a woman locally to me who was getting rid of a rabbit and wanted rid asap. Went to see him and he was miserable, kids had cut all his fur off with scissors. This was Buzz, took him on and eventually bonded Ralph, Ruby and Buzz into a 3. Next thing I know a stray bunny pitches up in my village and I catch her and take her in (Rosie.) I keep her for a week and eventually accept her as my own, but her owners come forward and I have to give her back :( they come and pick her up in a plastic bag and I get all upset. I give them my number and say if they ever need any help with looking after her, I'm here.

10 months later I get a call from them saying they're going on holiday and can I just take her because they can't be bothered to get someone to look after her. And oh, also their friends don't want their rabbit anymore and will I take 'it' too. So then I inherit Rosie and Penelope (who is a giant french lop.) With the arrival of the girls Ruby gets upset because she's used to not sharing her boys, and falls out with all the other rabbits. So I have to go and get her a husbun.... Billy :) and that makes 6!

Back