• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People in rented accom.- house bunnies

id tell and offer to pay for anything damaged....explain youll cage buns whilst out or overnite....and they dont smell like a dog..or terrorise wildlife and bring it home bleeding on the carpet:shock:

offer to put sheets of plexi glass up against skirting boards and walls the bun can get to. bunies wee and they can get squishy poop butt..but it is nothing compared to cat or dog squits...faints.....thinking of freyas litter tray elimations :lol:

also buns dont have saliva that dries hard like a cat or dog so the dander problems very different.

i live in housing association housing...and my mums always scared theyll suddenly bring in a no housebun rule cos she saw it in the paper a year ago:?
its her fear as shes got her housebunny too.

i think rather a houseful of buns and 3 cats than loutish parents and troglodite "children" wrecking the house..i know one family let the two young boys take all the doors off and construct a skateboard ramp in the lounge..then set fire to the doors in the garden..oh which was full of old washing machines dog feces for at least a years worth etc etc.....

then having bunnies even cats or dogs shouldnt be a problem compared to that!!!!

ha youll be in our neck of the woods..very roughly.

id tell and offer to pay for anything damaged....explain youll cage buns whilst out or overnite....and they dont smell like a dog..or terrorise wildlife and bring it home bleeding on the carpet:shock:

offer to put sheets of plexi glass up against skirting boards and walls the bun can get to. bunies wee and they can get squishy poop butt..but it is nothing compared to cat or dog squits...faints.....thinking of freyas litter tray elimations :lol:

also buns dont have saliva that dries hard like a cat or dog so the dander problems very different.

i live in housing association housing...and my mums always scared theyll suddenly bring in a no housebun rule cos she saw it in the paper a year ago:?
its her fear as shes got her housebunny too.

i think rather a houseful of buns and 3 cats than loutish parents and troglodite "children" wrecking the house..i know one family let the two young boys take all the doors off and construct a skateboard ramp in the lounge..then set fire to the doors in the garden..oh which was full of old washing machines dog feces for at least a years worth etc etc.....

then having bunnies even cats or dogs shouldnt be a problem compared to that!!!!

ha youll be in our neck of the woods..very roughly.

In our first flat we told the landlord we'd pay for any damage, they chewed the skirting board so he robbed us £200 MORE than what the skirting boards cost, and put the new skirting boards up himself.. I will never offer to pay for any damage done by pets again :oops: I'd rather fix things myself lol

Our estate agent said the "strictly no pets" in our contract covered "cats, dogs and birds" which isnt a hamster OR a rabbit ;) always worth asking :D

Rabbits are "caged animals" remember ;) and lots of landlords will say that's ok as they consider cats and dogs to be the destructive ones.

Yes this :) it does make renting with bunnies somewhat easier, even if its not entirely true :lol:

Honesty is the way to go in my opinion, and offer to pay for any damage buns may cause, or a higher deposit or something.

I was wondering the same thing as we are thinking of renting out our home & renting, ourselves,in Lincoln later this year.Hubby wants to hide buns but I want to be honest as if they find out & tell us they have to go,we couldn't do that so would mean moving.Never rented in my life so not sure the rules on these things but Im guessing honesty is the best policy!

Our landlord never knew about our house bunnies. When we were having a house inspection we put them in a carrier in the car for ten mins.

They never came round other than every 6months for an inspection so it was fine.

I would never keep them indoors unless you have permission from the landlord. You don't want to be in the position of either having to give up your animals or be evicted. It has happened to people on these forums.

I would never keep them indoors unless you have permission from the landlord. You don't want to be in the position of either having to give up your animals or be evicted. It has happened to people on these forums.

Wise words.

Heaven forbid that you would have to give up your animals or be evicted. Just imagine how you would feel. Also there is a possibility it might go against you in the future when looking for accommodation.

Honesty is the best policy.

I think I have the best LL in the world :oops:
She just doesn't care, so long as the house is in the same condition when we leave as when we arrived :p

I would never bring animals into a rented house without permission tho, I am too much of a worrier and I would be terrified that the L found out and then they will be fully within their rights to give you or the fluff notice :(

Back