• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pellet weight gain help please

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
We are still having trouble getting benji to gain weight, he came to me on a pellets diet but had messy poos so the vet said to feed only hay and gave him some medcine which benji loved lol. That was a few weeks ago an I have gradually introduced veg but hes still only put on a small amount of weight so im wondering wether to buy som pelkets and if this would help eith weight gain. None of my other buns have pellets just hay veg forage and ready grass so not sure which brand would be best. Any suggestions. ?

His poops are round and golden so tummy is good but vet says he is slightly under weight and wont castrate him till hes a goid weight last weigh in he was 170 erm grams or kiloograms which ever sounds right cause I get confused:oops: and vet wants him to be at least 2 g or kg. Hes roughly 7 months old

His poops are round and golden so tummy is good but vet says he is slightly under weight and wont castrate him till hes a goid weight last weigh in he was 170 erm grams or kiloograms which ever sounds right cause I get confused:oops: and vet wants him to be at least 2 g or kg. Hes roughly 7 months old

You could introduce a small portion of a pellet specifically for growing Rabbits

http://www.supremepetfoods.com/products/science-selective-junior-rabbit/

http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/products/rabbit/burgess-excel---junior-and-dwarf-rabbit-food.html

Thankyou I like the look of burgess pellets and can get them from pet supermarket so will order some. How much would you give to start with. Should I give one or 2 pellets then increase slowly untill a egg cup ful

Thankyou I like the look of burgess pellets and can get them from pet supermarket so will order some. How much would you give to start with. Should I give one or 2 pellets then increase slowly untill a egg cup ful

The pellets are quite small so one or two are unlikely to do much in the way of weight gain. I'd start with about a dessert spoonful and see how he gets on. If he is very hormonal that too will impede his weight gain.

If you find that pellets start causing mushy poo problems again, you could try gradually introducing some alfalfa hay into his diet.

If you find that pellets start causing mushy poo problems again, you could try gradually introducing some alfalfa hay into his diet.

Thanks he has a handful of this everyday as well as unlimited meadow hay an veg which is why I want to reintroduce pellets aswell

Back