• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peeing - missing the tray!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Every day when I go home to see my baby buns, they've always left me a couple of puddles downstairs in their hutch, despite there being a litter tray down there.... they only ever pee in the litter tray upstairs and never in their bedroom box .... and I was beginning to wonder why.

Last night I caught Rascal having a wee in the litter tray downstairs ..... but he just totally missed bless him - he was sat in the litter tray but backed up into the corner of it and it went all over the floor instead ..... upstairs the litter tray is in a corner so obviously they can only back up so far ..... but the litter tray downstairs is in the middle of the floor!!

Is there such a thing as high sided litter trays (that aren't corner ones) available to buy?? I'm thinking that even if they backed right up in a high sided one, it'd still land IN the tray.

Cheers, Jo x

Pets at home do a nice high-sided / backed one (think its designed for bigggg cats) we use for our Giants. Its got a big heart on the back - bit daft but does the job!

Charlee was having this problem. She was in her tray but backed her bum up to the edge and squirted over the back! So I created a bit of a corner piece that sits in the litter tray using corflute (corrugated plastic - used in real estate signs - I use this to make the bases for my guinea pig cages and bun cage as an alternative to lino). It extended the height so it hit the wall and slid down into the tray. Bit gross but it worked! She has mastered the art now and doesn't miss. But I am going to have to look into a bigger one when she gets a husbun, so will automatically look for ones with higher sides!

Back