• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parents!!!!!

Take no notice of them. They can't make you do something you don't want to do. As for moving out it is very difficult nowadays to afford a place of your own. I still live with my parents luckily they love animals.

parents are proper weird

Ive had my own place for nearly three years, my dad is still on at me to move sorrel back outdoors even though it doesnt affect him in the slightest bit :? i dont see the issue!

Mine think they can interfere with where the rabbits live too :roll::roll:

I hope I'm not like that towards my kids when they're older;)

My parents couldn't understand why I wanted rabbits, ontop of 1 cat, 2 degus, 1 hamster, 5 goldfish and 4 chickens. My mum sees pets as an effort and that is it, she doesn't see the joy in owning pets. She thinks I have too many pets too. I don't even live with them, I've not lived with my parents for over 12 years and they're still trying to tell me what to do!!

i see where your coming from with moving out.i moved out at 18 with 2 kids n god its bloody hard.rent costs a bomb because its a large 3 bedroom house.stay at home if i were you!;)x

Yeah me too moved out at 17 and the finances are such a nightmare. Thank God i have my husband and we help eachother along, otherwise im not sure how id cope. I did spend a bit of time on my own but i was travelling a lot and basically messing around for a bit:) Im not sure how the average person is expected to cope sometimes! Definitely wouldnt have done with 2 kids- big respect to you!

My dad has the same attitude here.
Well, he does in so much as I have four rabbits, who he dislikes/complains about/is jealous of... and he thinks that my having the four of them means I'm all set to become a 'mad rabbit lady'. Plus, he prefers the way my younger sister acts. She's a 'normal' teen, which I never was. I'm 20 now, and he cannot understand why, unlike other people my age, I've got no interest in going out and drinking myself silly, doing drugs or getting a boyfriend. :roll: He thinks I'm peculiar, and far too into animals... Luckily, my mum is on my side and has had to reassure me several times when something my father has said has left me in tears, and considering myself something of a freak.

I'm the same. My little sister goes out a lot more than me and my dad thinks its weird I want to stay at home to tend the rabbits. He also finds it strange that I want to spend all my money on them. I don't know how many times I've asked if he's prefer to see my money wasted on drugs/drink or have me sober, sane and healthy with my little buns. My mum understands how I feel about the bunnies though. She adores them. My dad likes themt oo but thinks I've got too many. At the same time, he always builds them a new hutch or run :lol: I've found with my dad and some friend's parents, they want their kids to be like them, an extension of themselves rather than completely different.

I have the same arguements with my mum :roll: :lol: Im 24 and still at home, although I have been looking for somewhere to live for ages now :?

I think its just something for my mum to complain about though, she actually loves the buns and is out in the garden at 6am every morning baby talking to them and giving them sneaky extra pellets :roll: :lol:

I would say move out :) I cant wait to get a place of my own and not have anyone complain about bits of hay on the floor :shock: :lol: I can follow them round with a hoover all day and still miss a bit and thats enough for my mum to get in a mood! Its always going to be more expensive to move out, im going to be doing it by myself and will be spending well over half my wages each month just on rent not even thinking about other bills but I know I will be a million times happier when I find somewhere :) x

Back