• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paralysed rabbits

Looked after rabbit with spinal injury for two years, she dragged her legs behind her but could move extremely fast. She had an indoor cage but spent most of the time scooting around the living room. I was at home during the day and spent a lot of time with her so she wasn't on her own much. I think she had a good quality of life and got lots of attention, if I went out the garden so did she and if we went on holiday so did she. She loved her stokes and would stick her nose in the air by me to get attention. Many hours I spent on the floor stroking her and she would always lick me back. Looking after her was very hard work as she was incontinent but so very rewarding. I think Squirrel had a good and happy life, although she died eight weeks ago of a unrelated illness. Hope all goes well for you and you get good news. xx

Back