• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H is great!!!!!!

I went into Pampurred Pets in Basingstoke today just to be nosey, they dont sell pets but they seem to under the illusion that rabbits can live in a 2 storey hutch that measures that is 3ft high, 3ft wide and 1 ft deep. Shocking.

Just have to say Pampurred Pets are rubbish :D

:wave: Fellow Hampshire person :wave:

I will never again buy Pets at home own brand hay - I did buy hay yesterday from there but there wasnt really anywhere else to get it and it wasnt their house brand.

The last time we used their hay was a small bag we got free with a rabbit cage for Louis - the strands in these bags are REALLY short, more like scraps, so I didnt use it for ages untill we went away for a week. I took it with me as it was all totally sealed. When we got to the other end the rabbits were put into a clean room, that is closed off most of the time and that they had never been in before.

After a couple of days I noticed I was getting bitten by something but my other half wasnt - we then realised that he hadnt been in the rabbit room very much and that was the only thing it could be as I hadnt left the house.

We gave it a couple more days grace and then decided that was defenatly it and there had to be something in the hay - the rabbits werent scratching but we bought flea/mite stuff for them and flea stuff for the 4 house cats, which cost us a fortune and then we cleaned the room out - when doing this I was eaten alive! - I was bitten so many times and even had blood blisters from them, in the end my boyfriend sent me off to get a bath while he finished the clean up because the mite didnt seem to like him as much me.

I contacted pets at home but they wouldnt do anything about it because we had had to throw out the hay and they wanted to test it in order to believe that that was the problem - there was no doubt thought that it was as it was the only thing introduced to that environment that was brand new and unopened.

It took a while still to get rid of the damn things and we even had to start to concider getting the place fumeagated!

I buy my hay from there and wouldn't fault it! Rabbits aren't stupid, they wont eat something they don't like.

Jasmine and the piggies will only eat Home Friends Dandelion and Chamomile hay..occasionally can be tempted with excel forage!

Back