• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ozzie has gone :(

Binky free Ozzie :( xxxx

What a horrible sounding vet, why on earth was it that difficult to tell you what she had given him :?

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: I'm so shocked at the way your vet treated you, there's absolutely no excuse for her attitude towards you and Ozzie :evil::cry: What an absolute :censored:!

Binky free little Ozzie xxx :( Have fun at the Bridge gorgeous lad.

I already complained about Friday's emergency vet who told me not to bring him in & cut me off on the phone. The one last night, I apologised for waking her & she softened a bit & said oh it's part of the job, but I spoke to 3 vets in all & none showed compassion really just irritability. Maybe they are overworked. I don't know what killed him either but `i'm not about to let them find out. I think it was stasis at the end, it was so horrible. Dylan (dog) wouldn't come downstairs til now, he just sniffed Ozzie. I dont know what to do with him, he's on the rug, wrapped in a blanket. I don't want to bury him in my garden as it's right next to the hutch that they had imprisoned him in for months. I look such a mess I'm not fit to be seen in public. I appreciate everyone being so nice, many of you have gone through it too & it really is devastating. He was so confident & cheeky, I will miss him so much. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh god I'm so so sorry :cry: I came on to ask if he was still hanging on :cry: vets like that shouldn't be allowed to practice, I had a similar experience when Olly collapsed with a head tilt. I am wondering if it was the same practice as we are both in the north west...
I'm so sorry poor Ozzie has gone, you did everything you could and loved him so much, he knew that. RIP and binky free little Oz bun xxx

:cry::cry::cry: Ozzie was the first thing that came into my mind when I woke up this morning. I don't know what to say except that I am so sorry. You really did do everything you could for him and gave him 5 very happy months.

We put our trust in these vets and even when we push some of them they still think they know better which is not always the case.

I am thinking of you, take care xxx

Binky free Ozzie x

So sorry, Binky Free Ozzie.

My Domino went to the bridge on Saturday night, sad times :cry:

Try to think of all the good times, thinking of Domino and his naughty little ways and things he used to do is helping me a lot. xxx

So very sorry. Rest easy at the Bridge little bun.

You have clearly done all you could.

So many lovely buns have gone to The Bridge these last few days. I really feel for you xxx

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Sounds like he was well loved and had a happy life with you.

Back