• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor bunny being neutered help

Funnily enough I've found buns seem to know that their companion isn't well and spend time snuggling up and loving them instead of wanting to dart around. I've not had any problems with keeping smallish buns in a 42" dog crate for a few days - after a spay you don't really want her doing much exercise so that sort of space would be fine for a couple of days. I don't have any photos to share though, sorry! I'd just suggest something simple like a crate with vetbed on the floor, hay in a rack (so it doesn't prod her wound) and a bowl of water as well as a bottle. She may like a cardboard box, or the pet carrier, to hide in - it very much depends on the bun.

Funnily enough I've found buns seem to know that their companion isn't well and spend time snuggling up and loving them instead of wanting to dart around. I've not had any problems with keeping smallish buns in a 42" dog crate for a few days - after a spay you don't really want her doing much exercise so that sort of space would be fine for a couple of days. I don't have any photos to share though, sorry! I'd just suggest something simple like a crate with vetbed on the floor, hay in a rack (so it doesn't prod her wound) and a bowl of water as well as a bottle. She may like a cardboard box, or the pet carrier, to hide in - it very much depends on the bun.

he is a very loving bf so im hoping hel take care of her aaw i can just see them now so sweet:) i was thinking about the straw aswell should i just give them hay and make sure its always sorta hung up not being able to get to her wound,if their in my room i dont think itl be problem watching over them cause il get her booked in for when im off work and can be with her all the time.biffy loves cardboard boxes she thinks its xmas every time i give them one:lol:

thanks capel thatl be great:D

Here you go. You'll notice that she preferred to lie in her litter tray rather than in her nice posh bed!! Typical bunny behaviour:lol:

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

For a short period of time, yes. Esp if you could let her b/f out somewhere safe to run around for some of the time. She won't be interested in exploring for a wee while anyway:)

It's the 48" one. I got it on Ebay, but they are often advertised in local papers 2nd hand. If you lived closer I'd lend it to you...

Back