• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orlaith-23/8/06- PASSED AWAY AT O430HRS..PM RESULT.....

So sorry to hear about Orlaith, I know exactly what you are going through as I lost Mr Thumps to this earlier in the year If I had have known that morning that he wasn't going to survive then I would have done the right thing by him but I just had to try. At least when he went in to cardiac arrest I was at the vets and they let me be with him as I didn't want him to suffer anymore.

Thinking of you Jayne and I am here for you. Snuggles to Orlaith
xx

Oh Jane, i`m so sorry orlaith isn`t doing so well. I`m sending as many healing vibes as i can and you know my number if you want to chat.

BIG HUGS
Su.x

Thanks for all your replies.
Orlaith is still gravely ill :cry: Christabel has agreed to let me give Orlaith some Questran (Cholestyramine) which is supposed to mop up the enterotoxins to try to prevent them beig absorbed into the blood stream.
Orlaith is still on sub-cutaneous fluids and a heat pad. She has taken about 30ml of CC and probiotic. She still has diarrhoea and is very 'flat' but not wobbly anymore.
I will be in touch with Christabel all day. She says she can do no more than I am doing here. Depending on how the day goes I may ask Christabel to call in after surgery tonight as it may be kinder to let Orlaith go. Rabbits rarely survive this but I have to try today.

Sorry I missed your call Alison, I was collecting the Questran from the Chemist and another bag of Hartmanns from Christabel.

At times like this I wish I believed in God then I'd certainly be praying long and hard. As it is I am entrusting Orlaith to my Angel at The Bridge, Jack. I know he will be there for her ....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Jane, I am so sorry to hear that Orlaith is still so ill... what a terribly sad time for you, but at least you know you are doing all you can for her. :(

Oh Jane I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful girly. I do hope she pulls through, but if she doesn't then we know that Jack and my lovely Pippa will be waiting for her, and will look after her well.

Nicola

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear she's ill :cry: I really hope she pulls through... sending her lots of vibes and thinking of you both xx

Jane, I'm so sorry that you're going through all this. I hope Orlaith pulls through. Although I've not been a member for very long, it is so clear how much you love your bunnies and my heart is breaking for you, Orlaith and Major Tom :cry: . Lots of hugs and healing vibes from this end.

Back