• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oreo - new vid added pg 7.

I have some good news, when I went to check on Oreo this morning she was munching away on her hay. i have no idea how much she has eaten, but it's the first thing I've seen her eat in over a week. She stopped when she saw me and came over for a fuss, but at least it's a start. :D:D:D

Bless her :love::love::love:

Stopping to come over for a fuss sounds really good as well.

Any idea of the long-term prognosis for her condition? or is it just 'wait and see'?

Just wait and see at the moment, this time last week the vets weren't talking of anything beyond a week, now it's wait til we get to the end of her 28 days of panacur.

She is getting fiesty too, and has even started running away when I try to put her back in her cage.

From this
Oreo002.jpg

To this
Oreo004.jpg

Oreo003.jpg

We still have along way to go but the improvement over the 11 days we have had her has been fantastic.

She looks so much better compared to when i saw her a few days ago! She is doing so well, thank god shes with you Vicky, she certainly has landed on all 4 paws :love:

:wave:
How's she doing?

Vicky doesnt have internet access today so thought id butt in and let you know :oops::lol:

Oreo is eating by herself now :D Vicky said shes eating a handful of pellets plus veg and hay every day. She is also now about to stand on her 2 back legs to groom herself :love:

Vicky really has worked wonders with this little girl. Lets just hope shes able to find a home :love:

Im sure Vicky will update tomorrow night once shes home xXx

:love: Wonderful news, thanks for the update.

Any idea whether she will be rebonded with Ginger?

I've seen *somewhere else* somebody saying their rabbit had had EC and Petplan didn't put any exclusions on the insurance, good to know for anybody thinking of adopting the likes of Oreo :)

:love: Wonderful news, thanks for the update.

Any idea whether she will be rebonded with Ginger?

I've seen *somewhere else* somebody saying their rabbit had had EC and Petplan didn't put any exclusions on the insurance, good to know for anybody thinking of adopting the likes of Oreo :)

Thats good news about the insurance. I think Lucy and Vicky are still undecided what to do yet. Oreo is still wobbly on her feet a little even though shes improved alot. She will either be rebonded with Ginger, or she'll be rehomed as a single house bunny :)

Since we were talking about Oreo on another thread, I thought I'd up date this one.

As Becky said Oreo is now eating completely on her own which has made life here so much easier. She loves her hay, although at the minute she will only eat the expensive stuff, and she is interested in her pellets as soon as she has them, although it does take her along time to eat them.

We have decided not to rebond her with Ginger as it is likely to hold Ginger back in care as well, even though she is perfectly healthy. We have decided to rehome Oreo as a single house bunny as at the moment she is still very wobbly and we are unsure as to whether she will improve anymore with her balance. That not to say she will never be bonded with another rabbit, we just need to wait and see.

We are back at the vets next week, as her panacur has just finished.

Since we were talking about Oreo on another thread, I thought I'd up date this one.

As Becky said Oreo is now eating completely on her own which has made life here so much easier. She loves her hay, although at the minute she will only eat the expensive stuff, and she is interested in her pellets as soon as she has them, although it does take her along time to eat them.

We have decided not to rebond her with Ginger as it is likely to hold Ginger back in care as well, even though she is perfectly healthy. We have decided to rehome Oreo as a single house bunny as at the moment she is still very wobbly and we are unsure as to whether she will improve anymore with her balance. That not to say she will never be bonded with another rabbit, we just need to wait and see.

We are back at the vets next week, as her panacur has just finished.

Thats all really positive :) Especially with her eating.

I wonder if she would bond well with other wobbly rabbits :?

I can't see any reason why not Liz, she is still really young and I wouldn't like to think of her always having to live on her own.

We have been back to the vets today and they are really pleased with her, she is 1.8kg now. She has just started on another course of panacur to see if we she will continue to improve.

Vicky

I can't see any reason why not Liz, she is still really young and I wouldn't like to think of her always having to live on her own.

We have been back to the vets today and they are really pleased with her, she is 1.8kg now. She has just started on another course of panacur to see if we she will continue to improve.

Vicky

So glad she has put on weight :love: Well done Oreo and well done you :D:love:

Back