• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oreo - new vid added pg 7.

Thanks very much for that link Jane. It's a bit of a heavy read though.:)

There seems to be enough reason to treat carprofen with some caution; best to see what Marie says.

Thanks very much for that link Jane. It's a bit of a heavy read though.:)

There seems to be enough reason to treat carprofen with some caution; best to see what Marie says.

Absolutely :)
Infact my Vet no longer uses it in Rabbits at all as she feels the risk re hepatic damage is too great.

Oreo seems slightly better today, and has eaten about 40 ml per feed which is great compared to yesterday. She is also alot more interested in the food and I haven't had to wrap her in a towel to feed her, she has just sat on my lap.

I will ask the vets about metacam again when I take her in on Thursday.

Which vet is she under? Id personally stick to R for something like this. Glad shes eaten a bit better today. Is she moving around at all by herself? xXx

Not sure P was there on Friday but she could be under any of them. Although P is probably the only one stupid enough to feed her the stuff she was on.

She is moving about ok, she is much better at night and when the lights are out. She is moving in lines know as opposed to circles or not moving at all although she is really wobbly. She comes out for a wonder around a couple of times a day to try and keep her interested in things.

She is also starting to respond to us which is good, when we go to see her now she comes over to us.

Vicky

What do you think, you can see her better towards the end.

She is still very wobbly but last week she wouldn't move at all and if she did she would just go round in small circles.

She is eating a 50/50 mix of baby food and pellets so that has got to be better for her. She is having around 250ml of food a day but I'm not sure if that is a good amount or not.

I really need to convince her to eat on her own, so if anyone has any ideas it would be appeciated.

Last edited:
:( :( Poor girl. Its horrible to see them so poorly :(

Sounds as if shes doing much better now compared to this time last week. Does she eat the baby food out of a dish on her own? :) Will she eat grated carrot/apple by herself? :) xXx

She won't eat anything by herself other than abit of cabbage. I don't force feed her though she just sits on my lap and happily eats from the syringe. once she has finished one syringe she gets impatient if I'm not quick enough with the next.

Last edited:
Bless her - I hate seeing them all wobbly and unco-ordinated.
It's good that she's moving about though rather than sitting still - shows she has an interest in getting better.
Wishing her a full recovery soon.x

It says 24 hrs here

http://wildlife1.wildlifeinformation.org/S/00Chem/ChComplex/Carprofen.htm

:?

I'll PM Marie (Kubiak) and see what she would prescribe :)

Sorry for the late reply, absolutely frantic week!
The official instruction is not to mix with another NSAID within 24hrs, I prefer to leave a 72hr interval but the rabbit would potentially be painful in the interim. It is always preferable to continue with a single active ingredient to avoid any potential interactions. I use meloxicam (metacam) as it is easy to continue at home and carprofen (rimadyl) comes as a tablet not a liquid so is abit more difficult in bunnies!

What do you think, you can see her better towards the end.

She is still very wobbly but last week she wouldn't move at all and if she did she would just go round in small circles.

She is eating a 50/50 mix of baby food and pellets so that has got to be better for her. She is having around 250ml of food a day but I'm not sure if that is a good amount or not.

I really need to convince her to eat on her own, so if anyone has any ideas it would be appeciated.

I think thats amazing, if she wouldn't move at all last week she is doing so well now :D This is why I love bunnies, they are such fighters :love:

Sounds like you are doing an absolutely brilliant job with her :)

I think thats amazing, if she wouldn't move at all last week she is doing so well now :D This is why I love bunnies, they are such fighters :love:

Sounds like you are doing an absolutely brilliant job with her :)

Thanks Liz, she really is a fighter, I love her to pieces :love::love:

We have been to the vets this morning, and he was so impressed with how well she is doing. He couldn't believe the improvement in a week, she even decided to scratch him when he examined her.

He did suggest cutting her feeds down to encourage her to eat on her own, but I'm not sure :?

Back