• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG WHAT A SHOCK..HOW COULD ANYONE? ..UPDATE ..MORE .PICS

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just got back from emergency vets.

was just going to lock up so i could get in bath at about 10 o'clock tonight when i noticed through the glass in my door that there was something out side . opened the door and there was a lovely pet carrier and a black sack . "oh great some ones donated a pet carrier i thought" ....not quite . inside it was a little bun all hunched up . when i took it out it was filthy with urine and freezing cold . i wrapped it up filled a bottle with warm water to try and warm it and rushed it to the vets . poor little thing could hardly move it was so thin and weak and cold.
she had swellings around her vulva and a hole full of maggots , when the vet took her temperature it wasnt registering as any warmer as the cold room we were in.

i ve left her there overnight as i darnt bring her home because i have 2 of my buns inside tonight and i was afraid the swellings could be early signs of myxi. i feel like i ve abandened her ,poor thing.
It doesnt look good for her im afraid . she only looks about 10 to 12 weeks old and is very thin and weak. i dont expect her to be there in the morning .

if she does survive i ll call her hope i think.

im so so very sad and angry.

what gets me more than anything is the bin bag was full of different bags of food , all but one were unopened. she had water and food in the carrier but was obviously neglected and starved. this was obviously to salve their concience for dumping her , but shows that they knew she was in a state but left her like that while they went out and bought the stuff( at least 7 bags of different food)then waited till no one was about before dumping her.

i have never seen such a pitiful sight and have never felt so sad about any of the buns brought to us before.

sorry about ranting on but i needed to get it off my chest . didnt feel like going to bed cos didnt think id sleep.

Angie :cry:

oh Angie I can see why you are so upset - poor wee bunny :(

I hope that she makes it through the night - at least in the past few hours she has known love, compassion and care.

Like you I feel so sad that anyone could do such a think to an innocent wee creature and to turn a blind eye to such obvious suffering. However I truly believe that what you dish out in life will eventually be dished out to you and these cruel, heartless people will one day themselves be left to suffer and rot.

All my thought and prayers are with this wee bunny - please keep us posted. Big cuddles to you - you must be so shcoked and upset.

lol Pam

OMG that's terrible. :-( Poor, poor sweetheart of a bun, I really do hope she makes it. I can't blame you for wanting to get that one off your chest before going to bed. :evil:

AMETHYST

thanks pam and amethyst
cant stop thinking of the poor little mite . should be in bed but feel so bad i know i wont sleep. must be some one who knows me as i take buns in for BARC but keep them in my garden, no big rescue centre , no sign saying who i am.
keep racking my brains to think who it could be.

I am so sorry that this has happened :( why on earth do people have animals and treat them as throw away items :( it sickens me to my little stomach.

At least you have done the right thing and gave her a chance of life, I hope this little bun can pull thourgh and go on to live a happy life.

hope theres better news for little bun today some pepole just dont care do they .What would have happed if you hadent seen the box when you did makes me mad some days

thats so sad :( hope the wee one makes it, maybe somebodyhas heard of you through a friend or something....so sad :(

Angie, thats truly awful, the poor wee mite...... please keep us posted on her condition. It breaks my heart when you see how trusting this abused little souls are :cry:

/

It's truly sickening when things like this happen..sadly it's not uncommon :cry: . Let's hope the little one makes it.

Well shes still fighting bless her.
bet they are sick of me ringing at the vets this morning . vet gonna have a good look at her about 1. 30 again.
Think im gonna see if we can bring her home . i think my buns will be safe if i quarentine her in my bedroom . nemo doesnt go upstairs.
I ll keep you all posted.
Angie

Aw I'm so glad she's still fighting. She must know that you're going to take care of her!

You're doing everything you can and I'm so glad that there are people like you out there, willing to give rabbits another shot at life. Good on you!

AMETHYST

just going to get HOPE . Still uncertain if she ll make it but shes better than she was . she s got diareah and is painfully thin . no more maggots found and the hole is already closing up.
cant wait for a cuddle
Angie :D

Have just read this post and am ABSOLUTELY B***** FUMING. :x Thank goodness you were there to help the poor bun. Sometimes I despair at my fellow human beings. Keep fighting little bun. JCO xxx

bunnymadhouse said:
just going to get HOPE . Still uncertain if she ll make it but shes better than she was . she s got diareah and is painfully thin . no more maggots found and the hole is already closing up.
cant wait for a cuddle
Angie :D
oh im so glad :D

Back