• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oliver not well - treating for E. Cuniculi - Q post 70

Another update on Olly....

I'm sure you're all fed up of me talking about him, but I did a LOT of Googling for EC treatments, so if I can help anyones else then I'll keep posting about how he's doing.

So, Oliver seems to be MUCH happier in himself, and the tilt is definitely getting better - previously, both ears were flopped over one side of his head, now he has one ear straight up in the air (like his own bunny antenna :lol:).

We've been supplimenting his normal meadow hay and Excel pellets with Fibafirst, treat hay (fancy ones), a teaspoon of oats and herbs.
He is still very skinny, but I *think* he's put on a little weight. I really need to get him weighed, or do it myself.

Have you tried him on some pro-fibre pellets? It seems to help them absorb more of the nutrients from their normal food and can really help poorly buns with their weight. Bluebell was very thin towards the end but these really helped. I use them for all my poorly buns now.

So glad to hear little Ollie is on the mend! :thumb: I hate EC ever since it took Dexter from me so it's nice to hear of another bunny kicking it's ar$e!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back