• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok peeps opinions/advice and vibes needed please.u/d 22/9

Im afraid to say his eye doesnt look so good tonight.

The lump is bigger and theres a raw patch of skin towards the back of it that I think has stretched .

We shall have to see what the vet says tomorrow,Bugs is bright within himself,eating well and enjoyed being outside in the run today.

Hi Denise...vets isnt til 5.30,Ive been at work since 7 this morning ,when I left Bugs didnt seem so good in himself although the abcess looked a bit better than last night.

He's not eaten as much as usual and his poos are a bit on the runny side (what there are of them)....I got my son to put him in the run outside and I'm told hes been hopping about a bit.

Fingers crossed for later.

Just back from the vets and Nigel is very pleased!!:)

He doesn't think its got anything collecting underneath at all and all is looking well the only slight snag being that Bugs has a runny tummy,hes not eating his pellets (possibly because its causing him pain to chew them ) so lots of veg plus antibiotics and an injectable aneasthetic = a runny tummy apparently.

Hopefully that will clear up given a few days .

All in all I'm a bit less worried than I was this morning.

bugseyeafter1.jpg

bugseyeafter2.jpg

Updated pics of Bugsy's eye,looks to be healing well,hes got an area of necrotic tissue which might leave a hole for a while but other than that its looking rather good.:)

Our rabbit Danny had a swollen and very bloodshot eye and he had head x-rays and he had an abscess behind his eye which was pushing the globe of the eye forwards so he looked as if he had one bulging eye and at times it looked as if it was going to drop out. He was given antibiotics and we bathed the eye about 4 times a day.
He also had 2 Ultra Sound done on his bad eye. the abscess cleared up and we took him for check-up's regularly to make sure his eye was ok and it was lovely and clear and the abscess never came back. He was only 8 months old at the time.
Sadly we lost Daddy this April with Cancer.

Sending Get well Vibes for Bugsy.

Back