• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok peeps opinions/advice and vibes needed please.u/d 22/9

Bugsy has come through the op...don't know exactly what theyve done yet because I only spoke to a receptionist.

He wasn't operated on til 3 oclock so I've got to phone back at 6 to see when I can pick him up.

My brave boy is home.:love:

Nigel couldn't remove the whole capsule, unfortunately, the abcess burst while he was trying to remove it.

Another bit of bad news is that a small part of it seems to be be attached to his eye ,apparently the eyeball was bulging while they were trying to remove part of the abcess.

He has a partially sutured wound packed with antibiotic and manuka honey and we shall just have to see if it refills.

Only just saw this but I do hope the situation settles now he's through the op xx Orlando had to have an eye removed at 4 years and was neutered age 6 and was fine both times....:wave:

bugseye1.jpg

bugseye2.jpg

bugseye3.jpg

Bugsy's eye this evening .....poor little fella.

Thanks for thinking of him everyone.

Well Bugs is looking a bit sorry for himself this morning but hes eaten well and pooped too so thats all good.

It doesn't look to me like the lump has gotten bigger overnight (although his eye is still half closed)so maybe theres no further collection of pus but I won't count on that just yet.

He'll start antibiotics this morning and hes back at the vets tomorrow afternoon ....fingers crossed it doesn't grow during today because that abcess came up so quickly I couldn't believe it.

Back