• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh god. Roger's collapsed. UD, he's gone.

I am so sorry - we have used metranidozal and not had any problems if that is any consolation to your worries that it might have been that

Sending supportive thoughts. Your bunnies have the very best of care, I'm really sorry you have lost Roger so suddenly like this.

Binky free Roger. xx

Jane- if it was that, am I right in my brief scanning of that article that he would have had to have waited 1-2 weeks for recovery? Did I do something wrong?

His ears went up as soon as he heard me. But he was well out of it.

On the way there I held him and whispered to him and the only time he moved by himself was when I whispered 'I love you' and he raised his nose to me. :love:

I have only seen it happen once and it was after just a few doses. I am so sorry if my previous post has added to your distress, I never in a million years meant to do that. I wish I'd just kept my mouth shut

You have NOT done anything wrong. It is the prescribing Vet's responsibility to explain any potential risks of a medication when getting the client to sign the disclaimer for when the Vet is prescribing 'off licence'. The client cannot be expected to know unless they are informed.

It may be that the Metronidazole played no part in Roger's collapse. I really cannot tell you how sorry I am, both for your loss and for any additional upset my previous post has caused you.

Last edited:
Oh Sky-O I am so deeply sorry :cry::cry::cry:

It is all of our worst nightmares to lose multiple friends in a short space of time, and with so few answers as to why :cry:

I can say with absolute certainty though that you did NOTHING wrong. You were with him until the end, he knew you loved him which would have been a huge comfort to him in his final hours.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Thank you. It was horrible seeing an empty enclosure this morning. I can't even open it up (it's a large enclosure that is divided into two but will open up so Dopey 1 and Lighters will have more space) until I've done a full, deep clean which means it's going to be empty for a while. I hate empty.

Jane, you have no need to apologise. No distress caused. I'm very detached (you know that feeling). Just trying to make some sense of it. But he had been on the Metronidazole for 10 days, dosed twice a day, and was showing good improvements. Infact, looking in his enclosure late last night he had been very busy eating hay, his poo was bigger, he'd been about and active. So I'm sort of thinking that it wasn't this, but it is something to be aware of in the future.

When we saw him, he was alert in his head but his body was so weak and just not responsive, he also seemed to have less strength in his left side, than his right side. He was very peaceful.

When we pulled into the car park at the vets (like just as we pulled in) this was playing. All I heard were the openig lyrics of

'Let me hold you
For the last time
It's the last chance to feel again​

Random timing.

sending hugs this morning sky-o. :( what a terrible shock.

will you be doing a pm to try and make sense of things? xx

Back