• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh god. Roger's collapsed. UD, he's gone.

I'm so sorry. I lost a bunny to septicaemia from and dental abscess. It's is so cruel to their little bodies. I know it's hard but you are being very brave putting him first and not prolonging his discomfort. I will be thinking of you. Xx

Last edited:
Jane- if it was that, am I right in my brief scanning of that article that he would have had to have waited 1-2 weeks for recovery? Did I do something wrong?

His ears went up as soon as he heard me. But he was well out of it.

On the way there I held him and whispered to him and the only time he moved by himself was when I whispered 'I love you' and he raised his nose to me. :love:

The metronidazole can cause neurological side effects, however it's so rare in rabbits I'm not sure it's ever been seen. It's more prevalent in cats.

Grim was having weird episodes, it was actually the infection spreading to his ears. I asked the vet about the metronidazole and she said basically no, in rabbits it would not be that, she'd never seen or heard of it happening even though it is stated in the medical notes for the drug as Jane said this is because of it occurring in cats.

The metronidazole can cause neurological side effects, however it's so rare in rabbits I'm not sure it's ever been seen. It's more prevalent in cats.

Grim was having weird episodes, it was actually the infection spreading to his ears. I asked the vet about the metronidazole and she said basically no, in rabbits it would not be that, she'd never seen or heard of it happening even though it is stated in the medical notes for the drug as Jane said this is because of it occurring in cats.

Thank you.

And thank you everyone else for your thoughts, vibes, wishes, suggestions, support, everything.

Don't start having doubts, I know you will feel absolutely devastated but Roger was very ill. You would not have wanted him to suffer. Its always so complicated with rabbits, so many times its so sudden, you don't know what is going on, like with Sandy and they go down hill very fast.

I know your mind will be going around and around.

Hugs xxx

Back