• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not eating post-spay ): UPDATE: She's home!

oh no.. poor Flo! :(

sending lots and lots of get well vibes for her!!! xx

hope you don't mind me asking, but how old is she? my little girl is due to be spayed next Friday! :(

Thank you!
I have no idea - she was a stray so it's hard to tell. She seems young though so maybe 2-3 yrs +
Awww hope all goes well!

thank you, I have a whole week yet, and already the nerves have kicked in! :(

but aww bless her.. really do hope she starts to feel better soon xxxx

thank you, I have a whole week yet, and already the nerves have kicked in! :(

but aww bless her.. really do hope she starts to feel better soon xxxx

Aww don't worry too much - she'll be in capable hands :)
Yeah me too, never seen her looking so down!

How is she now Flo?

When I left her she was hopping around exploring her kennel! Just not eating at all, I think she has eaten 3-4 bits of carrot since Tuesday (apart from syringe feeding).
They have put her on a drip so she'll stay there overnight. I'll give them a call later this evening to see how she's doing.

When I left her she was hopping around exploring her kennel! Just not eating at all, I think she has eaten 3-4 bits of carrot since Tuesday (apart from syringe feeding).
They have put her on a drip so she'll stay there overnight. I'll give them a call later this evening to see how she's doing.

Oh sorry to hear this. Hope the fluids mean she will gain her appetite back ... Quiet day for you then? x

Oh sorry to hear this. Hope the fluids mean she will gain her appetite back ... Quiet day for you then? x

Yeah hoping they will perk her up!
I've been worrying all day! I know she is in good hands and they can give her lots more care than I can as it's a 24hr vets they'll keep an eye on her all night. Hopefully now I can relax a bit more and she won't wake me up at 5am ripping up newspaper!

Yeah hoping they will perk her up!
I've been worrying all day! I know she is in good hands and they can give her lots more care than I can as it's a 24hr vets they'll keep an eye on her all night. Hopefully now I can relax a bit more and she won't wake me up at 5am ripping up newspaper!

:love::thumb:

Just phoned, they had to attach a extension line to her drip as she was hopping round her kennel so much :lol:

Just phoned, they had to attach a extension line to her drip as she was hopping round her kennel so much :lol:

Well I wasn't going to laugh, but you are, so I will :lol:

A bunny with no appetite but a lot of spare energy! Or .. what was in that drip I wonder ;)

Well I wasn't going to laugh, but you are, so I will :lol:

A bunny with no appetite but a lot of spare energy! Or .. what was in that drip I wonder ;)

Ohh she's so funny :lol: haha yes! To be honest I was surprised she hadn't pulled it out !

Final update hopefully - Flo is finally eating! She ate a lot of hay at the vets (weird as she never eats hay!) so she's come home. She's still got her IV cannula in so will be giving her more fluids later. When she got home she munched on a bit of hay, pellets and even a raspberry!

So happy! Thank you everyone for the vibes :love:

I'm so relieved! She has eaten some pellets, bunch of hay, 1/4 a carrot and a raspberry! And she's only been home for 6 hours! :D

I'm so relieved! She has eaten some pellets, bunch of hay, 1/4 a carrot and a raspberry! And she's only been home for 6 hours! :D

She is making up for what she's missed out on !!

She says 'now, pass me the next course and make sure it's not a small one ' !!

Final update hopefully - Flo is finally eating! She ate a lot of hay at the vets (weird as she never eats hay!) so she's come home. She's still got her IV cannula in so will be giving her more fluids later. When she got home she munched on a bit of hay, pellets and even a raspberry!

So happy! Thank you everyone for the vibes :love:

Hi Flo

Just managed to log and on see that Flo is finally eating! YAY!!

More vibes for continuing recovery :love::love:

Hi Flo

Just managed to log and on see that Flo is finally eating! YAY!!

More vibes for continuing recovery :love::love:

Thank you! I've put her back outside now and she is constantly munching on grass and her poos are pretty much normal now! She seems so happy :love:

Thank you! I've put her back outside now and she is constantly munching on grass and her poos are pretty much normal now! She seems so happy :love:

So glad to hear this. It's not fair is it ..... Some sail through their neutering and others. Well :censored:

Go Flo :thumb:

Back