• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

None Spayed Single Bun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for you, I live with my mum as well and she won't let my bunnies free range indoors. They live in a room in the basement which is fairly large, certainly large enough for them to feel comfortable and get a bit of exercise, but I do wish I could let them out more. Bella especially gets bored sometimes and pretty much begs me to let her out, but my mum has banned her from being anywhere else in the house as she's so destructive. I can't really say I blame her, because getting Bella was obviously my decision and not hers. She does like her a lot and she thinks it's great that Boris has a friend, but I think if she'd had it her way, she would have much preferred to just have one rabbit in the house. I can only let them out when she's at work but since that's during the day when they're not as active, they tend to not enjoy it as much as they would normally :( Once I move out and get my own place they'll be free range as much as possible, it's just now while I still live here there are certain rules that I need to respect.

Also, my Bella is 2 and a half years old and unspayed, this was initially due to a suspected heart condition but also because my local vets are far from rabbit savvy, most of them have never even performed an operation this big on a smaller animal, I simply don't want to risk it :( She's not that affected by her hormones except for some occasional nest-building and circling, never showed any aggression or anything, but I'm terrified of her getting uterine cancer :cry: I worry about it every single day and I pray that she'll be ok. Another year or two and I'll probably have moved someplace else and taken her with me, then if I can find a rabbit savvy vet I'll definitely look into getting her spayed, I just don't trust my local vets at all :( One of them has actually been forbidden to treat small animals since the success rate was too low :shock: So it's bad. For check-ups and stuff I do trust them, but operations? No. I just don't dare :( It's really sad. I always worry about my little girl :(

Parents can be difficult and stubborn. In your situation, I'd get Snowy vaccinated and spayed because its in the best interests of the rabbit. However if you feel you can't go against your mum, then that's your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back