• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC Style Condo

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Right ive deffinatley decided im going to create a HUGE condo for my bun (s) and hamster!!

Im going to make it about 15 cubes long, 3x3 high each end and one end have a seperate enclosed 1x3 at the very top at one of the ends for my hammy

Basically its going to be massive and allows my rabbit (new one soon) and hamster to have plenty of room during the day now myself and my OH are working FT.

My only problem is the cost and random-ness of it

on ebay 1 cube is £3.99 or 16 is £26.99 and on B&Q its £22.98 for 6 cubes

yet when you read ideas on the internet the US say they can get 6 cubes for like $10

So do you think you could get them from places like pound stretcher etc cheaper

Yeah they seem to be cheaper over here. I think over here CostCo has 30 panels for $18.

I got mine off craigslist for free from a lady giving away a bunch. I've got loads, still not sure how many but must be around 100. Maybe you could look on UK free ads like preloved or gumtree?

I got three boxes from Ebay for about £30-40. What are you searching for? I found I had more success searching for 'mesh storage cubes'.

I got three boxes from Ebay for about £30-40. What are you searching for? I found I had more success searching for 'mesh storage cubes'.

Ive been searching everything! Mesh cubes, wire storage, storage cubes, metal storage any variation

I have brought this today http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0050SVZ9M/ref=oss_product

however once id ordered it and read it realised it was only half the size...very deceiving on behalf of the seller :(

The offer i got of Amazon (inc P&P) = £1.53 per panel

GrahamL the one you posted with P&P = £2.47 per panel

That has shocked me a lot!!!

But B&Q HERE works out at £0.99 per panel

Hopefully that information will be useful for some people although B&Q are always sold out!!

B&Q don't actively stock them anymore, because nobody bought them, and cheaper things were available.

yes, they are more expensive on the site i posted, but they always have stock and are reliable so i hear.

B&Q don't actively stock them anymore, because nobody bought them, and cheaper things were available.

yes, they are more expensive on the site i posted, but they always have stock and are reliable so i hear.

Yer i guess thats the thing if they always have stock and dispatch quickly it helps!!

I managed to find one B&Q stocking them from about 10 different cities i tried (where family live)

Really hoping my 26 panels turn up tomorrow so i make a run to give my bun some free space whilst im away for the night

I believe someone found some in Costco's. But it depends on if you have one nearby and are a member. My uncle is so we've got something from there before.

B&Q might be worth a try but as Graham says they don't often have them in.

Back