• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nic cage, built for 3 month old bun, hopefully to hold both

frozentoes

New Kit
built this for our 3 month old bunny, once he and the older female are both fixed, then we're hoping we can bond them and move them both into this:

niccage.jpg

and a pic of the older one, who gets into everything

037.jpg

another shot of the new bun:

niccage2.jpg

Last edited:
the older one is on a diet to lose weight so she can be spayed, she's about 4lbs, and should be about 3.5 according to the vet, so hopefully in a month or so. Then it'll be the little one's turn. He's likely going to be much bigger than she is though, he's already doubled in size from when we got him and his back feet are enormous. I'm thinking 5lbs for him. He's a bit hyper too, so it'll be a chore to keep an eye on him when he's bigger

What a lovely set-up, my friends bunny has been on a mega diet like, though she's lost lots of weight and is healthy again :)

Can I pretty please use your first photo on my website (in sig)

It's to show ideal bunny set-ups to give other people inspiration to making their own rabbits good set-ups :) thank you.

awesome, good to know it's actually looking decent. I need to cut the extra lengths of the dowels off, but build it with zapstraps and a staple gun, and it's held up well. Do you think it's big enough to hold both rabbits? I think it is by looking at it, and they'll be given run of the living room/hallway when we're home

Looks really good :)

Is that Lino wrapped over some kind of wooden plinth? Does bunny find it slippery? Just being curious :)

I would like to know more about your flooring too? The also how do you get him out through the top?

I love the cage! I made mine out if this too, but not 3 floors.

the floor is lino over plywood, it's not very slippery for him, just when he's at full speed. I have been trying to figure out what I could put over it that he wouldn't chew that would be more stable for him, but he's young and he puts everything in his mouth and pulls on it.

We don't use the top to get him out, just to put an extra food and water dish up there for him, if we want him to come out I open the lower door on the bottom right side and he comes charging out. Definitely isn't hard to get him out for a run and a visit!

let me know if anyone has suggestions on what I could use for flooring that would be safe if eaten...as he's pretty much eating and chewing everything. He's just recently found out I'm not food.

Back