• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New wife bun for Arthur - first meeting mixed feelings :/

WelshGirl

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

Am looking for a bit of advice please! We have finally got to the stage where our female (we hope!) rescue bun from the RSPCA has arrived - brought her home last night. We left her alone in her new cage to calm down after the journey and chill out, and I just sat and spoke to her for a bit. we gave her food, water and hay and she has pooped in the corner a bit overnight and has eaten all her food. She's exploring the cage but is reluctant to come out into the lounge at the moment. We'll let her do this at her own pace.

With regard to introductions with Arthur, it could have gone better :shock: I took her cage outside as we have a special 'run' set up at the side of our house (25ft long so plenty of room to run!). We then let Arthur outside, and eventually they noticed each other through the cage bars. There was a lot of excitement on both parts and running back and for, then they spent a few minutes sniffing each others noses. I was hopeful, but then she growled and lunged at the cage which miffed Arthur off and he did the same :( Then every time they came nose to nose, feet started flying through the bars and they were growling! I took her cage inside again after this as I didn't want them to get hurt or stressed. I know this is a brand new introduction, and it will take time, but does it mean they can't be friends??

I would really love to see them happy together xx

Back