• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. :D If RabbitDan didn't get those beautiful bunnies they may have ended up in a rescue anyway! :? Just because they are from a different place doesn't mean they don't deserve a fantastic home. :thumb:

Congratulations on your new additions! :love:

This is true :) the OP is quite young so it may not have been entirely his decision? And he has done lots of research before getting his buns :) so he shouldn't feel bad although I see what people are saying about the rescues :wave:

Like Sky-O said to me earlier, every bunny deserves some love:)

That's absolutely true. Just sometimes, the ones in rescues have had a rubbish time already so it's nice when someone is offering a good home for these little ones to be given the chance to know what happiness is when they may have already been in one or more homes already. Every rabbit deserves to be cared for properly, for those of us who rescue, when our rabbits get passed up for some cute babies from a shop or free ad, it's quite sad and very disheartening at times. That's all.

It doesn't really matter now though, he has the bunnies he wanted and I'm sure they have a lovely home:)

No it doesn't if he let Sue know he wasn't going to turn up, sadly a lot of times rescues are let down with time wasters, it makes an already difficult job worse that's all, I also think regardless of how old a member is they should tell the truth about what they post at all times and not elaborate on the truth because they think it's what they should say to be 'popular' for example. Not suggesting for a second that is what Rabbitdan has done just stating my opinion :wave:

That's absolutely true. Just sometimes, the ones in rescues have had a rubbish time already so it's nice when someone is offering a good home for these little ones to be given the chance to know what happiness is when they may have already been in one or more homes already. Every rabbit deserves to be cared for properly, for those of us who rescue, when our rabbits get passed up for some cute babies from a shop or free ad, it's quite sad and very disheartening at times. That's all.

deleted.

Last edited:
Oh I know, and I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all, I can totally understand why it may be disheartening. But I kind of got the feeling as more posts have been added to this thread that people are hinting that Dan made a bad choice by not going to a rescue:? Sometimes to give a bunny a good home you just have to do what you can:? I just don't think this thread should be about where they came from that's all:)

Chloe I have 2 pets at home bunnies, that is not why I was asking for the record :wave:

Oh I know, and I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all, I can totally understand why it may be disheartening. But I kind of got the feeling as more posts have been added to this thread that people are hinting Dan made the "wrong" choice by not going to a rescue:? Like you must know, sometimes to give a bunny a good home you just have to go where you can?:? I just thought he might be uncomfortable with all the later questions on where they were from that's all:)

Oh I know, and I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all, I can totally understand why it may be disheartening. But I kind of got the feeling as more posts have been added to this thread that people are hinting Dan made the "wrong" choice by not going to a rescue:? Like you must know, sometimes to give a bunny a good home you just have to go where you can?:? I just thought he might be uncomfortable with all the later questions on where they were from that's all:)[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has asked anything that warrants him being uncomfortable about it:? It's only questions relating to things he has posted himself.

Oh I know, and I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all, I can totally understand why it may be disheartening. But I kind of got the feeling as more posts have been added to this thread that people are hinting Dan made the "wrong" choice by not going to a rescue:? Like you must know, sometimes to give a bunny a good home you just have to go where you can?:? I just thought he might be uncomfortable with all the later questions on where they were from that's all:)[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has asked anything that warrants him being uncomfortable about it:? It's only questions relating to things he has posted himself.

I hope I haven't offended you or anything, because I didn't want to do that:?
To me it looked like he felt he had to justify himself a bit? Plans change etc etc, maybe he couldn't get to the rescue or just fell in love with the preloved bunnies? I don't know. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick:) He'll have to tell us the truth himself:lol:

ETA In response to your question, I am 16:)

Awww, bless em. They look cute, cant wait to see photos of them in them in their new home. Ive had to pick up a few free ad buns to go to rescues so they are pretty simular in my opinion, both types are buns that need homes, but you have to pay for the ops and initial vaccs to begin with, so it will be more costly to you!!

Hey, you might want to have a wee look at their..... um...... underside bits..... just to see if you can see anything.... you should really keep an eye on them! They *might* start fighting as soon as they drop, and if one was mis-gendered..... then you might end up with babies!!

Perhaps hop along to the vets and see if he can confirm genders for you, to be on the safe side :)

Like I said, I cant wait to see photos of them, they are handsome :)

Leave the poor kid alone! He said he wanted buns, ok he didnt get from a rescue but so what? he s got 2 gorgeous bunnies and im sure hes got lots of love to give them - How many people from here got theres from rescues? I got my 2 from PETS AT HOME:evil: and i love them to bits and I think some of you are just being a little mean!

I hope I haven't offended you or anything, because I didn't want to do that:?
To me it looked like he felt he had to justify himself a bit? Plans change etc etc, maybe he couldn't get to the rescue or just fell in love with the preloved bunnies? I don't know. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick:) He'll have to tell us the truth himself:lol:

ETA In response to your question, I am 16:)

:wave: No you didn't offend me at all, I just didn't think that anyone was particularly asking anything that made him justify anything, I thought you were referring to me and just wanted to clarify where I was coming from appropriately. No worries, he doesn't have to justify anything, I'm interested if he made an appointment and cancelled because it is fair to say that rescues would rather people let them know if they aren't actually going to visit. There have been threads from people running rescues pointing out that it can be inconvenient if they are expecting someone and they just don't turn up, it's fair comment. Rabbitdan doesn't strike me as the shy type so I'm sure he'll reply or ignore the question. His choice - there's no requirement in the rules to reply to all questions afterall Chloe :wave:

Leave the poor kid alone! He said he wanted buns, ok he didnt get from a rescue but so what? he s got 2 gorgeous bunnies and im sure hes got lots of love to give them - How many people from here got theres from rescues? I got my 2 from PETS AT HOME:evil: and i love them to bits and I think some of you are just being a little mean!

Who are you talking to? You haven't quoted anyone :?

:wave: No you didn't offend me at all, I just didn't think that anyone was particularly asking anything that made him justify anything, I thought you were referring to me and just wanted to clarify where I was coming from appropriately. No worries, he doesn't have to justify anything, I'm interested if he made an appointment and cancelled because it is fair to say that rescues would rather people let them know if they aren't actually going to visit. There have been threads from people running rescues pointing out that it can be inconvenient if they are expecting someone and they just don't turn up, it's fair comment. Rabbitdan doesn't strike me as the shy type so I'm sure he'll reply or ignore the question. His choice - there's no requirement in the rules to reply to all questions afterall Chloe :wave:

Can I ask why you asked about my age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back