• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rabbit - Guidance on Care.

Hi
Busy bunny day!! Have booked Ruby in for spey on Wednesday. I rang the happy hutch co and we have ordered the 6ft by 4 x2x2 - why do things in halves :lol: I have contacted animal lifeline in surrey, I adopted a guinea from them last year, they have a dwarf called nemo. I will wait until her stiches are healed and then if he is still available take her to meet him. I have also looked at the briar patch rescue website, its heartbreaking to see so many rabbits for rehoming, what is wrong with people, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as I have always had rescue dogs and see the way dogs are so often treated as disposable. My very first intoduction to small furries was ten years ago when we found two gerbils that had been let loose in a local park scuttling around in the undergrowth :cry: Since then our family have had rats, degus and guineas, all rescue, they seem to fing us. The degu lived for seven years and passed away last year, they were the last of our furries apart from the guineas and I said thats it now, no more, two dogs and two guineas is enough!! Famous last words.
Will post some pictures when Ruby and freind are settled in their hutch, if I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks again, will no doubt be back with loads of questions.
Megan

Back