• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New owner saying hello

mrtaps

New Kit
Hey guys and gals. My name is Ashley and im a First time bun owner here!

So after a lot of deliberation the missus and I decided we would like to home a rabbit. With little knowledge we did a bit of research and ended up homing this little (and lively!) bundle of fluff. Marley-Rose is a 3 month old female bun.

We aren't too sure what breed she is however she's loving her new home!
We live in a flat but we have a big enclosed balcony which we have now made her permanent run. She goes absolutely mad in there jumping and twisting about all day long.

Just thought it would be a great idea to join a forum like this and get advice from experienced owners on how to keep her happy and healthy. I wasn't too sure about a rabbit at first but now I've genuinely fallen in love with her and want nothing but the best.

Any ideas on what type of breed she is? Or would you class her as a mix? Regardless, me and the missus are absolutely smitten. I look forward to looking at pics, learning new advice and chatting with you guys in the near future about everything bun related :)

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know everyone

7d6e311e6d9cf3853b451dd08f6f3ca2.jpg

45cd7811fda644ff63ae4aff678f6bbd.jpg

937f4b90d9e94b327473427f52908c7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What a beautiful bunny. She looks like a Dutch to me. Welcome to the mad world of rabbit keeping.

Thanks Gringle we adored her at first sight. Only had her a week now and she is a proper scatty little thing. Got her first health check and vaccinations today too.

Like I said she is only around 3 months old at the moment but we are going to get her neutered. What sort of age is the best for it.

Also, how long before she is used to human interaction and being handled? As she is still a tad frightened of us (unless there's food involved!) And also a good age for them to be neutered?

Thanks Gringle we adored her at first sight. Only had her a week now and she is a proper scatty little thing. Got her first health check and vaccinations today too.

Like I said she is only around 3 months old at the moment but we are going to get her neutered. What sort of age is the best for it.

Also, how long before she is used to human interaction and being handled? As she is still a tad frightened of us (unless there's food involved!) And also a good age for them to be neutered?

Hello and welcome, your bunny is beautiful!

Females are normally neutered at 6 months old.

A lot of rabbits don't enjoy being picked up but would rather have a fuss at ground level :)

Ah brilliant thank you very much :)

She likes to climb on to our laps when she's with us....and has a tendency to try and climb up on to our shoulders. If she's held up against the body supported and in a standing up sort of position she seems to be OK. However if you hold her flat (sort of laying down position) she gets restless. Lol. Crazy little thing she is!

She's beautiful!!! Welcome to the forum and to 'bunny ownership'!!

Rabbits are delightful to own and when you get to know her a little more I'm sure a lovely personality will show through.

Please don't worry if she is still a bit weary of you but just keep letting her hop on and off you when she's ready as this is very good for her confidence which will grow in time. :wave:

Oh brilliant thanks! :)

She is Deffo a little character at the moment. Chewing everything out of curiosity, standing on her hind legs, jumping and skipping about constantly and pooing like a machine lol.
Luckily as an avid angler also, I have a lot of patience. Let's hope It comes in handy with Marley-Rose! Lol. Thanks again everybody for the kind words and help

Awwww she's lovely! I love her colouring pattern.

There are SO many knowledgeable people on RU xx

Hello! Little Marley-Rose is adorable :love: She looks like such a character! What an interesting name, too. I'm sure I heard it somewhere before.

Lol the name actually came from the other half's obsession with Bob Marley....but as she was a female we had to make it sound more of a feminine name. And Marley-Rose sounded good to us. Rolls off the tongue nicely.

And you're not wrong! She is 100% a crazy little bun! So loveable!!!

Marley-Rose is adorable - just beautiful :love:

Welcome to the bunderful world of rabbits :lol:

Glad to hear it! We were a tad dubious at first but God she loves it! I've never bought so much cable tidy in my life lol

Back