• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New members of our colony!!

It's better than some ways I've seen. Others shoot them, or cut their heads off while they're still alive. At least I'm being humane.

I'm not going to reply to any more posts on opinions of eating meat or not. I posted these pictures to show my new rabbits and how well they're doing. If you all can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

How well they are fattening up you mean??

I don't think there's any need to continually make nasty comments TBH, there are a lot of people on this forum who eat meat. The point has been made.

eww killing a rabbit with a broomstick what if you miss :( You need experience to kill them, you can't just watch videos and surely you wouldnt be able to do it as they are like your pets.

we all want to makes the lives of our bunnies better, but not many people will understand how you can raise the babies give them a good life, watch them grow and have personalities of their own and even learn to trust you for you to end their life. :cry:

maybe in some ways it is no different to a farmer with his sheep, cows or pigs, but to me an animal is more than a meal. they have a soul they are a friend.

i could never eat any animal. maybe this is why i will never understand this world.

I mean the way you are killing them but just for the record I don't eat any form of meat anyway and as sparklefairy says this is a rescue forum, not a breeders site and cetainly not a meat factory forum.

The forum isn't a rescue forum, it's a forum for all rabbit owners. :wave:

The OP raises rabbits for meat and also has one or two pet rabbits so surely she has the right to be able to share the wealth of info available on the forum. I appreciate that people don't want to discuss the ins and out of meat farming so hopefully we can drop that subject but (to be fair to the OP) every time the subject has come up it's been in response to questioning from other members. The OP hasn't ever intentionally put the info out there to shock or offend people.

Last edited:
This is my only comment, and you can breed and eat rabbit as much as you like, but why state you hate your dog for doing what you intend to do?
If eating rabbit meat is ok in your eyes, I see no reason for you to blame the dog for acting naturally?

This is my only comment, and you can breed and eat rabbit as much as you like, but why state you hate your dog for doing what you intend to do?
If eating rabbit meat is ok in your eyes, I see no reason for you to blame the dog for acting naturally?

I stated in that post that I didn't blame the dog, you should go back and reread that post. I've hated the dog almost since we got her. I don't like dogs.

Back