• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Home

Hi again everyone thanks for all your advice. i was re looking and found this would this be better then the one i was going to get and also this one is cheaper x

KGrHqUOKisE5fIiSTz9BOd01dUpg60_12.jpg

Do you have a link to it so we can see the details?

The chicken coop things arent great as they dont have a very big warm dry area (the 'hutch' bit) so when its raining etc the rabbit doesnt have much space, it would also be unfair to shut them in at night. Although if you connected one to your existing hutch that would be okay if the run bit was big enough, that one doesnt look very big.

I honestly think you're better off just getting a big run to attach, runs are cheaper than hutches/coops so you will get more space for your money. Then at a later date when you have saved up again you could upgrade the hutch.

Do you have a link to it so we can see the details?

The chicken coop things arent great as they dont have a very big warm dry area (the 'hutch' bit) so when its raining etc the rabbit doesnt have much space, it would also be unfair to shut them in at night. Although if you connected one to your existing hutch that would be okay if the run bit was big enough, that one doesnt look very big.

I honestly think you're better off just getting a big run to attach, runs are cheaper than hutches/coops so you will get more space for your money. Then at a later date when you have saved up again you could upgrade the hutch.

it would be hard to attach a run to my hutch i was just looking for a hutch that would be big enough for her during the day when no one is home. as at the moment she is getting board and gnawing the hutch also she is not getting enough grass. thanks again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130578722...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5087wt_1037

it would be hard to attach a run to my hutch i was just looking for a hutch that would be big enough for her during the day when no one is home. as at the moment she is getting board and gnawing the hutch also she is not getting enough grass. thanks again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130578722...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5087wt_1037

Nope it isnt big enough, that coop is only a bit bigger than just the hutch section of a setup should be. Why cant you attach a run to yours? You just put it in front of the hutch and if need be use the attachments to clip it to the sides. Alternatively you could get her a very big run (it has to be bigger if it is not attached) and put her in that during the day, you'd need a shelter for it as well.

Unfortunately the only new hutch + run combos that would be big enough are going to cost more than a hundred pounds, unless you get second hand perhaps. The 6ft versions of this would be okay, but to get to rwa standards you'd need to get a run extension at some point: http://www.happyhutch.com/ViewProduct.asp?productID=39

Or if you want to make a run, this would probably be the cheapest way to do it, and it allows you to get exactly the size you want : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130562470...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hi Stumpy, there are some great runs on Ebay for a good price. Some runs have lids that come up as well as you can easily get in to the run to clean out or sit with your bun in the warmer months. They often just have bolts in the roof though so you may need to add extra security measures as foxes can open them, but thats what I have and we have put tarpaulin/corrugated plastic sheets over the top for protection from the rain and then weighed down with pots and bricks so it doesnt blow in the wind.

You can attach a run to a hutch (or shed/wendy house) with some large L-shaped hinges from B&Q and a few screws.

The main draw back with those chicken coops is how fiddly they are for cleaning, plus buns will need a draft-free boxed corner to keep warm in the winter nights.

Good luck finding the right thing for your bun.

this is the same chicken combo i have i think unless u put it inside a shed or summerhouse it might not survive winter plus its really aqord to clean out too i will admit its good in summer but not that good for winter minds not to bad because it fits in the summerhouse so he down on a carpet now not on mud or grass outside in winter :)

link to my chicken coop combo ps - its moved inside now for winter

hopefully he get to lived with my other 2 buns once hes been neutered :)

I Found The One I'm Getting

_dsc7939_22.jpg

175 x 70 x 110 cm (L x W x H)

i really like this and along with the metal run i have i think this is great. thanks for all your help :D x

Please don't think I'm being difficult I just don't want you to spend money on something and find it unsuitable.

I would have a few reservations about that, it does look nice but the roof opening up looks like it would be a nightmare to clean. You can't just sweep it out into a bin bag, you'd have to lift everything out of the top and when you have to clean it out in the rain the rain will get in. The ramp also looks very steep but that would likely be something you could adjust. It also looks like cleaning the run out will be really difficult. It's also not that big, five foot long so the hutch bit must only be three foot at the most.

Those sort of things look nice but they aren't that practical in real life. A normal hutch is a back breaking to clean out and in winter it's not a nice experience!

Please don't think I'm being difficult I just don't want you to spend money on something and find it unsuitable.

I would have a few reservations about that, it does look nice but the roof opening up looks like it would be a nightmare to clean. You can't just sweep it out into a bin bag, you'd have to lift everything out of the top and when you have to clean it out in the rain the rain will get in. The ramp also looks very steep but that would likely be something you could adjust. It also looks like cleaning the run out will be really difficult. It's also not that big, five foot long so the hutch bit must only be three foot at the most.

Those sort of things look nice but they aren't that practical in real life. A normal hutch is a back breaking to clean out and in winter it's not a nice experience!

I agree. I used to have something similar for my two boys and as it turned out it was way too small for them and also was a nightmare to clean. I bought a shed in the end which actually cost me less than the hutch and attached their run to it. It is so much easier to clean out and you don't get wet when its raining. I think there are better hutches out there if you can't afford to buy a shed.

I agree. I used to have something similar for my two boys and as it turned out it was way too small for them and also was a nightmare to clean. I bought a shed in the end which actually cost me less than the hutch and attached their run to it. It is so much easier to clean out and you don't get wet when its raining. I think there are better hutches out there if you can't afford to buy a shed.

i have been looking loads but this is the best i have found... if you can find some please show me x

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?318828-Bunny-Gnawing

there is a pic in here off what she has at the momnet. im not sure how big the other one is id have to look but i know its bigger then what she currently has x

I have a 5ft long double hutch like this which is home for poppy and daisy...I have a 5x4ft run attatched to the front and I leave the hutch door propped open for them :) I looked at the chicken coops but decided against it. Next summer they are moving into a 6x4ft shed with permenant access to a 5x4ft run and a 6x4ft run:)

I have a 5ft long double hutch like this which is home for poppy and daisy...I have a 5x4ft run attatched to the front and I leave the hutch door propped open for them :) I looked at the chicken coops but decided against it. Next summer they are moving into a 6x4ft shed with permenant access to a 5x4ft run and a 6x4ft run:)

I cant do a shed untill i move out of my parents house. do you think what i have picked so far are ok? most people on here say they arnt and i really dont know what more to do. my garden isnt huge and i have my dads 2 sheds in there as well as the hutch so trying to get her bigger then what she has now but something that will fit in the garden. i do have a metal run too which i put her in during summer and the dry months but it would be no good now its wet and cold :)

Stumpy how long is your current hutch?

I was wondering this too :) personally...depending on how big your origional hutch is I think you would be better off attatching a run to that rather than a chicken coop or the other one you pictured...they are just too small in my opinion. I wanted a 6ft long hutch for my two but I ended up rescuing them rather quickly and so I bought the one I have from pets at home....we agreed to take them and I had less than 24 hours to set eveything up so I couldn't order online!

Back