• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Foster Buns

I am visiting Sam tomorrow so will ask her to show me how to put photos onto RU.

Have been sitting in the lounge this evening and have had some lovely cuddles. Even Mummy Bun seems more relaxed. I let one of the babies - still can't remember who is who - hop over the settee and she was very curious investigating the cushions.

I didn't allow any of the cats in, but I will once the trio have settled in. The cats are only permitted in the lounge when I am there and I would never allow them unsupervised access to the buns. They are all great with my own buns but I wouldn't risk them with the two smallest girls.

I doubt the cats will pay them the slightest attention - they didn't when I had the buns I was bonding in the lounge. I think it will be good for the buns to see cats outside their pen in case they get rehomed to a house with pet cats. They may well have seen cats in the garden at Kris' - I don't know if she has any or not.

They are all totally adorable. They drink a huge amount and I bought a second bottle today to make absolutely sure they never run out.

Have just topped up their hay, said goodnight to them and turned out the light. Sleep well, little foster buns:love:

hmmppphhh. sam said there would be photos today:(

Sorry....after our mammoth journey Rosie has spent most of the day asleep....and I've been ringing round trying to get everything sorted with the move....we have a date now :D:D
I can't find my cards reader anywhere......will have to buy a new one tomorrow :wave:

Well done for fostering these buns. My fosters are the 7th and 8th ones I have had. When it comes time for them to go it is made easier that they are going to a loving home where the new owners have passed a thorough home check. Them leaving you means you have space to help some more rabbits who may well be in atrocious conditions and desperately need your help.

I was worried about the kids but when it comes time to say goodbye to the fosters they jump up and down and are excited they are going to their new home.

Enjoy them:wave:

Well, so far I am loving being a Bunny Foster Mum. It has been so long since I have had really young bunnies and I just sit and watch them interact with each other. I've given up worrying about hay in the lounge and have just thrown a huge pile of hay in the middle of their pen. They love it.

I am trying really hard not to get attached. It helps that I don't know which baby is reserved. I just hope that I will be able to hear how they all get on in their new homes, when they find them.

They all come running over to the corner of the pen to greet me when I come into the room and then I have the difficult task of deciding which one to cuddle first. It's a tough life:):)

Have invited a male friend over to see them so they can get used to men. He doesn't know much about buns but is an animal lover and is very gentle with mine and has now learned how to hold them.

They were totally unphased by the TV. Will let them settle in a bit more and then hoover as the lounge is looking a bit like a farmyard:oops: I want to try and get them used to noises they may come across when they are rehomed - although a lot will depend on whether they are to be indoor or outdoor bunsters.

Are you looking forward to doing the babies first update :lol:

They go out to sponsorers today! I am sure the babies have loads to say about their new foster home :love:

How is Cherry getting along? :love:

DSCF1497.jpg

DSCF1496.jpg

On our way......It was a VERY long journey

DSCF1499-1.jpg

DSCF1498-1.jpg

Exploring our new home :love:

ETA:, sorry about the size...stupid PB wont let me resize them :censored:

Last edited:
:love::love: They look very settled :)

Those photos were taken by Sam just after we had put the buns in their new home.

They are very settled now. Apple somehow got out of the pen earlier today. I still don't know how she did it, although their 'den' was in a corner so I think she may have jumped onto that and then over the edge of the pen. She had knocked a few things over but just sat and let me pick her up and pop her back with the others. I think she had found her adventure too scary.

I have moved the den into the middle of the pen and unplugged all wires just in case she escaped again while I was out today. All three were present and correct when I got home.

I was going to take some photos of them but my batteries are flat. Will try tomorrow.

None of them have had sloppy poos or dirty bottoms since they have been here. Can I start giving them something in addition to hay? Mine have SS pellets and spring greens or other veg according to what I can get. I grow some herbs too so they have those as a treat, along with grass from my garden and dandelion leaves. I have lots of brambles in my garden too.

Just going in to sit with them and watch a film.

Cherry is slowly becoming less nervous of me. She is adorable and her and Berry are usually together. Apple seems more independent. Both babies are having lots of cuddles and seem happy to be picked up. We were rubbing noses this morning:love:

oh how adorable:love::love:

karen...you are so going to be a failed fosterer...:lol::lol:

did you grow those seeds i gave you? if not...give em here and ill start them off for you:wave: i need to grow mine too:oops:

getting pics is so hard..bunnies asleep are our usual pics:oops:

im getting to figure out my phone....its got wi fi so could upload to net before i erase my card by accident..or i lose my phone!!:shock::oops:

glad you guys got the pics done:wave:

oh how adorable:love::love:

karen...you are so going to be a failed fosterer...:lol::lol:

did you grow those seeds i gave you? if not...give em here and ill start them off for you:wave: i need to grow mine too:oops:

:

No, I haven't grown the seeds yet:oops::oops: I am sooo behind with stuff.

I am NOT going to be a failed fosterer - although I have PM'd Kris to see if they are all reserved as I think Apple would make Bumble a wonderful wife. She is an adventurous bun but slightly smaller than her sister. Bumble is quite small for six months so I don't think he will be a big bun. Watching her, I really think she and Bumble would make a fantastic couple.

I think my three fosters may be reserved so I won't be a failed fosterer:)

One of the two babies were to be reserved, the lady wasn't sure who to pick to go with Apricot.

She has since decided it doesn't feel right to adopt so soon after her last bunny passed away, so Berry, Apple and Apricot are still looking :(

I suggest you be a failed fosterer and take Berry, Apple and Apricot to make a quad with Bumble (at which point you may as well go all out and adopt Cherry as well ;) ) :lol:

I suggest you be a failed fosterer and take Berry, Apple and Apricot to make a quad with Bumble (at which point you may as well go all out and adopt Cherry as well ;) ) :lol:

I already have eight buns and eight cats. If I could afford it, I would love to have lots more buns. I am insuring all future buns as it is the large vet bills that are the problem - I've already budgeted for nine lots of vaccinations (as I had nine buns before Peggy and Sue went to the Bridge earlier this year) so I can manage one bun for Bumble.

Kris, what do I have to do to adopt Apple? I do think she would be a great wife for Bumble. He is partially sighted now and sadly will eventually lose his sight. He is a former BARC bun. I think they would make a fantastic couple but if for any reason the bond didn't work I would bond Apple with either my trio or my outdoor pair.

I think I have foiled Apple's escape plan as she was still in the run this morning:)

I've started giving them some pellets now as well as hay. They love them and clamber up to the edge of the pen - anyone would think they were starving. I've given them a dandelion leaf each too.

Does anyone know if I can give the seven week old buns any veg? I've been introducing the pellets very slowly - just a couple each to start with - and poos and bottoms have all been fine (they had runny tummies before they came to me, which is why they were on a hay only diet).

Berry did a binky today:love: She looked so surprised afterwards, bless her little paws.

I thought they were being good and using their litter tray for urine, I picked the blanket up this morning and it was soaking wet:( I have thrown it away and put newspaper in its place - my poor varnished floorboards are looking a bit soggy.

I may need to get a second litter tray for them. I'd like them to be litter trained before they go back to Kris, especially if they are going to be rehomed to be indoor buns.

I am still hoping I can adopt Apple. She seems to have grown overnight and is the same size as her sister now.

Cherry is definitely getting friendlier too. I think she has realised I am the bringer of noms:)

Back