• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Arrival - U/D post 52 - Back from the Vets

Putting a rabbit in a cage like that should be persecuted as animal cruelty.
Why do not people realize how much more beautiful it is to have a rabbit with a lot of space and freedom to express his personality? Do they ever think about not only the suffering they're inflicting, but also what they are missing themselves?

We are just off to the vets becasue I am very concerned about his leg, he is very wobbly and doesn't seem to be able to move his right leg in to the correct position, I don't know if it's problems due to the lack of space or because he has old injuries :cry:, but something isn't right

Will update when I get back

Well, Paula checked our gorgeous little boy all over and *thinks* that it's severe arthritis caused by his many years in a confined space, she would like to do an xray to rule out old injuries but he is not strong enough for a GA at the moment

He has severe fur mites and ear mites, fleas and is in quite a bit of pain and so needs daily medication, Paula wants to assess him again in a weeks times to see if accupuncture will help him

He has settled in so well and seems very happy, he is eating, weeing and pooing very well, after everything he has been through he is such a little sweetheart, when Paula was pulling his legs around and I was holding him he decided he was going to lick my hand :love: :love: :love: :love:.

Thanks for all your good wishes for our boy

God Theo, hes lovely and has had such an awful life. My french lops were in a hutch like this, with one on one floor and the other on the other floor and they sat there for one year, but not eight. I hope that he gets many more years with you Theo.

I would gladly give up some of my life if only I could give him back some years of his - I really mean that. I have been thinking of him all the time since I saw this thread.

Back