• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neuter on Tuesday

4piggiepigs

Warren Scout
Will the vet give him enough painkiller to see him through?

If no what should i ask for and how much?

Should i get recovery or will they suggest it if hes not eating well?

Is there anything i need to look out for after the op?

how long before he is healed?

Sorry i am just nervous :oops:

thankyou that was helpful! i will get pain relief and some fibreplex or equivilant and i shall read it over and over until hes recovered

Mr Snowdrop had his op last Wednesday. He looked a little shell shocked but wanted to play as soon as we got him home! we kept him in a cool room in the house instead of in the garage (he shared the room with Malteser so our study became the rabbit hospital :lol:) He was eating and drinking straight away at the vets and at home. The next morning we gave him a stretch and then put him in his hutch. We were both out for the day but came home to realise that he was ready to play as he had messed up his hutch! We put him straight out in the run lol! I can't find his wound, it had no stitches or anything to mess with. He has been his usual happy fun loving self really, you wouldn't know he had an op! I was expecting him to be a little more delicate but no! They gave him gut stimulant and kept him with his food right up to the op. I hope your bun is ok tomorrow xx

Im glad Mr Snowdrop was a tough bunny, i hope Damian is the same, i don't like to put him through it really but it is all for the best and then he can have a wife bun in the future i am still nervy but i have alot on to keep busy posting guineapig toys and making more and going to buy cotton and wadding so i will keep occupied

Back