• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nelson - super skinny giant with canker [DISTRESSING PICS]

Perhaps they want to encourage people to hand animals over (rather than neglect/abuse them even more), hence the non prosecution.

Sooooo sad to see the poor lad in that state. Hope he heals quickly.

Looking much brighter and having some time in the (rare) sunshine today, looking bemused at the green stuff under his feet!
1487366_10151839889802686_1159366064_n.jpg

Looking much brighter and having some time in the (rare) sunshine today, looking bemused at the green stuff under his feet!
1487366_10151839889802686_1159366064_n.jpg

Wow, he looks so much better here! :thumb: :love:

I can't believe his previous owners left him to get that awful state, poor Nelson! :cry:

I look forward to seeing more pictures as he improves! :wave:

He is looking so much better already. :thumb:

Hope he continues to improve, looking forward to more pics of this handsome lad. :love:

Oh isn't he beautiful

Sending weight gaining vibes for Nelson, so glad he has been taken in by people who know how to care for buns and actually give a damn!

I can't believe anyone would do that to such a beautiful creature :(

Will he be looking for a home once he's better or is he staying with you?

Aawww. what an improvement already,,,,

Gorgeous boy.. Hope your future is brighter than your past!!!

Why can there not be any cruelty charges brought if an animal is signed over!?!?! :evil: :evil: Would they not pursue charges if a child was "signed over" to services after it had been neglected!? This law infuriates me. Is there any wonder why there are so many disgusting animal abusers out there. Animals are seen as nothing but bloody objects! :evil:

I hope his owners have a bad case of karma heading their way...preferably in time for tomorrow. What evil :censored:.

Sending tons and tons of vibes to this poor guy. :cry: I hope he doesn't think all humans are as neglectful and cruel as his previous ones.

ETA: Just saw the pic of him...and WOW. He looks like a different bunny. Still skinny, but lots better. :love:

Poor bunny :cry: I recently discovered papillons and I love them. Poor baby :( glad to see he is improving though!

He's looking so much better already :)

Well done for your brilliant care! I hope he continues from strength to strength xx

Thank goodness he is finally getting the treatment he needs and is responding well. Bless this little guy.

Nelson continues to improve! Now up to 4.775kg and moving around much more happily, here he is trying to binky in the garden!
1497737_10152132060018114_751096346_n.jpg

He's being kept at Caroline's house and not at the rescue itself at the moment.

He's continuing to eat but not such a big fan of hay, yet! He was probably never given it in his previous home :(

Hay munching vibes please!

So glad to hear that Nelson is continuing to improve and attempting binkies too :love:

Sending lots of hay munching vibes.

Great update :) Glad he is heading in the right direction now x
Well done for helping this laddie x

Back