• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Need urgent advice please! U/d She's gone

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of Priscilla. :cry:
Sending you comforting hugs at this heartbreaking time. You really did all you could and I'm sure she knew that and that you love her.
Binky free Priscilla xxxxx

I am so sorry. Sadly you don't always know what is going on with bunnies, they can recover or they can go downhill fast and it is always a horrible shock when you find your bunny gone. You had no idea that Priscilla wasn't going to recover, its the cruel nature of what happens with many rabbits, they pass quickly.

So very sorry for your loss.

Please don't feel you let her down. The veterinary profession let her down big time. What is the point of an out of hours service that can't admit? Surely they should be operating a hospital service capable of intensive care, they are not a GP practice. It a failing on THEIR part that she didn't get the help she needed, you did all you could in the sad circumstances. I hope you let them know of her passing, not necessarily in a complaining way but so that they aware of what occurred and they can evaluate for themselves that their standard of care was inadequate so they can consider changing the way they do things. It's about time we have rabbit savvy vets available at all times when needed. :cry:

RIP Priscilla.

RIP Priscilla. At least she died at home with Barney. Hope you are feeling a little better.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

I took her to the vets to be cremated this morning, I didn't want a post-mortem and I didn't want to keep the ashes, they'll be scattered in the crematorium's communal garden. I have her baby dolly to keep and remember her by.

I've been and got a carrot cottage for Barney today so hopefully that will keep him busy and distract him a little bit. He keeps searching around for Priss :(

I still feel absolutely awful that I wasn't there with her as she died :( At least she was at home and Barney was next to her.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who answered all my questions regarding Priscilla's health problems over the last few months, she didn't have an easy time bless her, but I got some great advice on her behalf. She was my sweetie pie :love:

Awful news :( Hope everyone else stays OK. And that you feel better about it all soon: you did more than many would on Christmas Day and Priscilla had the best chance to recover with your care :) Best wishes to Barney too.

My heart goes out to you Lucy-Lou X
As people has said... you did everything you could to help Priss, you care, you love, you are a super person!
You Did Not fail her in any way and your Bunny had the best life possible with you (love) Binky free Priscilla bun X

My thoughts are with you.. look after yourself sweetheart, nose rubs for Barney. X

Last edited:
Back