• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to bond a trio but which way? Update

Wererabbit

Young Bun
I have 2 pairs and a single - a boy/girl and a boy/boy and an older girl - all neutered.

I tried the boy/girl and girl about 9 months ago where I interfered when the girls (bonded girl is dominant) got a bit scrappy after 24hours, so v cross with myself!
I think this is probably the better pairing but the boy is a conti so neutral space for an extended time is really difficult as the kitchen is a walk through and the bathroom is in constant use.

The boys are more her size but I'm a bit worried about them fighting each other.
They currently have sight but not contact with each other over her.

I have read the bonding section on here but any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I just bonded my pair of boys with a girl x the boys were living with a girl and a boy but sadly lost them both to old age . I was conscious my boys were getting older and didn't want one left so bonded a girl in x

Hello, an expert bonded our two males with a slightly older female and it all went fine. They adored her from the off and still love each other as much as ever (they were litter mates, not sure if that makes any difference)
I have no previous experience so I don't know if we were just lucky with the personalities involved, but they are all very happy :)

Good luck.

It's definitely personality rather than sex that is important when it comes to bonding. I do have a YouTube video showing how I bonded my trio if you'd like to see? It was a male and 2 females. :)

Louise, How long did they stay with the bonder for? Neutral space is my issue :(

It was a week but it coincided with a holiday (so I paid for boarding and bonding donation for the rescue :) and while they were away we neutralised their room with the water and white vinegar spray etc so they came back to a fresh space.

Boys and old girl are together - 15 mins done, a bit of humping and chasing but {touchwood} mostly ignoring and eating - once I get the photo thing sorted, I'll post a few pics.

Long weekend ahead I think :)

Last edited:
Back