• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

need some advice!!

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
just got home from work, checked all the rabbits i noticed Lilli had a wet bum so picked her up her anal and girly parts are swallon and shes looking quite dirty in the area to ive cleaned her as much as i could and brushed teh fur that was matted.

i know thsi needs vet treatment but imaway ona course tomorrow from 8am til 5pm im unable to ringteh vets to make an appontment until 5 tomorrow night chances of them having an appointment available are slim so she could be like this til wed :( shes still eating and drinking. I could take the day off but then il be basically throwing away qualifications that i need :(

any idea what it is? and how urgent would you say it is she sees a vet??

Willows bits swelled up in the summer.My vet thought he had been stung so she gave him a steroid injection and told me to sit him on an ice pack.The swelling came down after a couple of days.Do you have any pain relief you could give her EG metacam?

how about popping out and getting some infacol for bun as pain relief? this might help tide her over?

Has she had a Myxi Vaccination within the last 6 months ?

she has she was vaccinated 4 months ago.

just read up a few things on the internet what are the chances of Syphilis??

she gets cleaned out regular but she spends alot of time in her run and with all the wet weather recently maybe its caused some bacterial infection??

xx

she has she was vaccinated 4 months ago.

just read up a few things on the internet what are the chances of Syphilis??

she gets cleaned out regular but she spends alot of time in her run and with all the wet weather recently maybe its caused some bacterial infection??

xx

Syphilis is sexually transmitted.I thought Willow had syphilis.His bits were like rock hard baby tomatoes.If shes in the garden she could have been bitten by an ant.Wrap some peas up in a towel and try sitting her on it the cold may bring down the swelling.If she is no better in the morning I would ring your vets and tell them you are on a course and asked to be booked in after 5 as she will probably need some pain relief.A pic would be good.

her bits dont look as bad as before but deffinatly dont looknormal to me compared them to Crystals :oops: but then theycould be healthy and im just worrying over nothing.... like usual :oops: :roll:

opinions??

P1010263.jpg

P1010264.jpg

P1010265.jpg

the reason her fur looks abit scruffy isbecause i toweldried her bum so its still abit damp :?

Hi. My femal bunny Flopsey had a sore looking bum last year. It was a bit like your rabbits bum and it looked swollen. I think it was an infection as at the top she was having a lot of soft poos because of the food she was on. I used to clean it eveyday with a baby wipe and spray antiseptic spray on it. Once her soft poos stopped her bum cleared up and is now fine. When she had her myxi jab in April the vet checked it and said she was fine. So I wouldnt worry too much about it even more so if your bunny is still eating etc and I would just try to keep the bum clean and as dry as possible

Her bits look normal to me but its so hard to see from a photo.If they are swollen then maybe why she is wet because she cant direct her wee in the right direction

Back