• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myrtle... U/D pg. 63 - lost her fight...

NO:censored: but all the other buns at Faye's are

The reason i asked is because i had a un vaccinted rabbit that caught myxi,The other two were vaccinated and never caught it,but it nearly killed me the day that william died 4 weeks after he caught it,i did everything i could but it wasnt good enough to this day i will never forgive myself that i didnt have him pts sooner,Myxi is horrible :cry: i looked at the pics of myrtle thats how william looked at the start as soon as i saw the piccies it bought it all back to me,I hope she can pull through but its going to be hard x

I've only just read these thread s and just can't believe it, it's so shocking, upsetting and awful I feel sick.:(

Faye sending tons of vibes for all your buns I really hope they don't show any signs of Myxi and for henridoodles Kanga & Roo.
Poor Myrtle I hope she responds to the treatment quickly.

It's heartbreaking :(

Marie you've no need to worry Faye will not let the rabbit suffer..but feels she deserves a chance as things stand at the moment..the vet agrees.if poor Myrtle gets worse then the decision to pts may well have to be made

Marie you've no need to worry Faye will not let the rabbit suffer..but feels she deserves a chance as things stand at the moment..the vet agrees.if poor Myrtle gets worse then the decision to pts may well have to be made
Oh i wasnt saying she would let her suffer,i dont think that at all,after all the hate mail i got about william id never think that,just trying to say really its hard nursing a rabbit with myxi more fustrating than anything

I'm so so sorry. Can't really put into words how sad all this makes me.

Sending loads and loads of vibes and hugs to Myrtle, Faye and the other precious bunnies. xx

*Lots of reading later*

I can only do what other members have done and add my name to the long list of people keeping everything crossed for Myrtle and any other rabbit that has been put at risk of Myxi as a result of this sorry affair.

It would appear from what I've read (newbie alert sorry!) that a few forum members here are associated to the rescue to which Faye belongs and I extend my thoughts to all of you as this must be a worrying time for you indeed.

Finally, I wish you the very, very best Faye. I have not been here very long at all but I already know enough to establish that you are a very knowledgable and caring person. This rabbit is in the very best of hands if she has any chance at all.

TP:(

Only just caught these threads. I am shocked the Myrtie has myxi. Thankfully she has found a haven, but I am sorry for the worry this now brings to you and your own bunnies.

Oh i wasnt saying she would let her suffer,i dont think that at all,after all the hate mail i got about william id never think that,just trying to say really its hard nursing a rabbit with myxi more fustrating than anything

I can only agree with that :cry:

I have no doubt Faye will do whats right by Myrtle, loads of vibes for her and all the others at Faye's plus some healing ones for Faye herself

Have only just caught up with all the 'happenings' connected to this rabbit, I am so very sorry that everyone is having to go through this trauma which could have been avoided.

Faye my thoughts and prayers are with you and your bunnies and of course special prayers for Myrtle

I'm very sorry to hear about Myrtle:cry:

We had a scare here the other day when a new arrival, Olive, developed weepy swollen looking eyes. However luckily in her case it turned out to be a nasty conjunctivitus that responded to fucithalmic. The vet and I both thought it was myxo the way she looked that one day though:( I had a few bad days needless to say...
If it had been myxo Olive would have been pts. It is such a vile disease that in an unvaccinated rabbit I would not put off the inevitable :cry::cry: Not that I would blame anyone for trying. These sorts of situations are the worst:(

While Myrtle is still bright within herself and enjoying her food/veg etc., I'll keep up the nursing... she is on painkillers. I have no problem with making the decision to PTS if it comes to that.

I'm also clutching desparately onto something that was said when I collected her... she'd apparently had a jab a while ago - not sure which. now, I don't know whether that's true, and if it is, whether it was myxi of vhd, but there is a slight chance that she may have been vaccinated in the past. :?

hya i did send a pm but laptop crashed.it was the myxi jab when she was 4mths old so whether its still effective i dont knw.im sorry it has come to all this.i only wanted her be happy.x:cry:

While Myrtle is still bright within herself and enjoying her food/veg etc., I'll keep up the nursing... she is on painkillers. I have no problem with making the decision to PTS if it comes to that.

I'm also clutching desparately onto something that was said when I collected her... she'd apparently had a jab a while ago - not sure which. now, I don't know whether that's true, and if it is, whether it was myxi of vhd, but there is a slight chance that she may have been vaccinated in the past. :?

Could the previous owner give details of the Vet that allegedly gave a vaccination?
I know it wont change Myrtle's treatments but it might at least give you a better idea as to any 'hope'. Although as she has full Myxo symptoms already I'd guess that she hasn't had a Myxo vacc :cry::cry:

I wish I could do something to help you Faye. I wish I could send a miracle to poor,poor Myrtle and any babies she may be carrying :cry::cry:

God, this is just too awful :cry::cry:

Janex

hya i did send a pm but laptop crashed.it was the myxi jab when she was 4mths old so whether its still effective i dont knw.im sorry it has come to all this.i only wanted her be happy.x:cry:

as she is 9 months now, that should have her well covered... as Jane said, if you can find out which vet it was etc. and confirm, that'd be helpful...

Could the previous owner give details of the Vet that allegedly gave a vaccination?
I know it wont change Myrtle's treatments but it might at least give you a better idea as to any 'hope'.

I do think that this is an excellent idea and would definately mean that the situation can be looked at with the true facts rather than with little bits which have been said. At the end of the day the rabbit should be the priority now and more accurate information will help Faye and her vet make more appropriate decisions about treatment.

Donna-arc and I were talking a few days ago about a situation where ARC took some rabbits in and we believe not told the total truth, our feeling was that if we were told the truth or given access to the rabbits old vet we would be able to offer greater assistance to the poor animals rather than have to go on guesswork. He would have walked away and we would never see the owner again ... but at least we could offer better and more appropriate treatment if we were not having to start at the beginning due to lack of information.

Back