• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myrtle... U/D pg. 63 - lost her fight...

i dont know?just wat i was told.so is thumper ok then?

Kim a Rabbit who was in your care now has Myxomatosis. If you have any Rabbits on your premises who have not had a Myxo vacc within the last * 6 months* then they need vaccinating *tomorrow*

This situation has gone way beyond who is or is not telling the truth. You now need to take responsibility for any Rabbits currently in your care. Not only does that mean getting them Vet checked and vaccinated but also it means *not* mating any Rabbits, *not* selling any until they are out of danger re this disease outbreak and *not* taking in any more Rabbits, be they vaccinated or not.

I would also advise you to flea treat *all animals* you have and to put fly netting over your hutches and runs.
PLEASE Kim, dont let this situation get any worse

Janex

Thinking of you Faye be strong. Praying for Myrtle and all the bunnies.
Have pm you too Faye.

Last edited:
Golly I have just caught up with this thread. I know I don't post that often, but I just wanted to say what an awful situation and Thank goodness for Faye's quick thinking. saying prayers for Faye, Myrtle and everybun involved.
xx

poor bunny :cry: as far as I know if they aren't vaccinated it's a slow fight to the end which will take about 3 or 4 weeks of nursing. Now as she's also pregnant, she will be dying with a newborn litter also dying - wouldn't it be kinder to all to have her PTS now? :(

thankfully the vaccinated rabbits at Fayes will more than likely be fine, even if they catch a mild form of myxi - they will be fine with a couple of weeks nursing I'm sure.

I'm absolutely horrified and very saddened at what I've been reading.
My very best wishes, love and vibes to all of the bunnies at Faye's. I do so hope everything is ok for you all.

I've read through all the relevant threads and I am so angry! I hope Myrtle pulls through. I hope all other buns involved will be ok XxX
Best wishes Faye, good luck! XxX

so i still wanna know will this affect the babies at any way at all? like stop feeding what will happen? and i woundered if you could take picture of the disease in the different placcesit effect as i have never seen it before sorry if im been cheeky :D
im so sorry faye and i know you wll pull though this with all that care you have for bunnies
;)

Sending lots of vibes for Myrtle and your other buns there Faye. I hope they all stay well and praying that Myrtle can recover too. Poor girlie :( You must be worried sick x

poor bunny :cry: as far as I know if they aren't vaccinated it's a slow fight to the end which will take about 3 or 4 weeks of nursing. Now as she's also pregnant, she will be dying with a newborn litter also dying - wouldn't it be kinder to all to have her PTS now? :(

thankfully the vaccinated rabbits at Fayes will more than likely be fine, even if they catch a mild form of myxi - they will be fine with a couple of weeks nursing I'm sure.

As far as I know, as its been spotted early, she is being treated on vets advice so her and the babies have a chance... I'm sure if she shows any sign of deteriorating, or just not getting better, she will sadly have to be pts. Its a horribly sad situation and I really hope there isnt any more bad news.... I'm off to look at the pictures section now... I've had my head totally done in today! :cry:

Elve we are taking vet advice on this and at the moment Myrtle is ok in herself despite the sore eyes..if she worsens then of course we will do what's best for her..even if this means putting her out of her misery..I have every confidence in Faye's judgement on this..and of course she will keep in contact with vet.

and Jesska at the moment I doubt Faye has time to take pics:(

Elve we are taking vet advice on this and at the moment Myrtle is ok in herself despite the sore eyes..if she worsens then of course we will do what's best for her..even if this means putting her out of her misery..I have every confidence in Faye's judgement on this..and of course she will keep in contact with vet.

and Jesska at the moment I doubt Faye has time to take pics:(
Jill is she vaccinated?

Back