• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my vets just had me in tears

I was accused by a vet of keeping my buns in wet, dirty conditions because she thought they had hutch burn...I was so angry and upset.

I took my buns to the head vet, who correctly diagnosed Syphilis (Which I had been saying from the start) and wrote a letter of complaint, I got the rest of the treatments free and told the vet in question would undergo more training.

I told them unless I could see one of the two vets I trust I would change practice and have always seen the vet I want since then.

I understand how horrible it is to have a professional question the level of care you give :cry:

I'm sorry the vet said to you. I'd write a letter of complaint in too. If you've been there every 3 weeks for dental checks they should have this on the record & if she's a healthy weight for her breed then your vet needs some re-training.

Definitely complain, I would of lost my temper with him, how unprofessional and what a :censored:head sorry you have had such a rubbish day. Big hugs to you.
Sallyx

omg thats awful!! i would complain hun, you have been there so often with her its not like its the first time!

:(

That's terrible. My vets know me fairly well now, but they did question me nicely on how I fed them etc. Not an interrogation, but more of a fact finding mission.
I would also complain.

thats awful :( :( if you can face it, def make a complaint as no one else should have to put up with that. i also agree that any bun will stuff itself given the chance, i limit my buns pellets and veg to get them to eat more hay, if they were given a big plateful they would pig out. theyre not starved jsut greedy. hope you get it resolved hun x x

Thats so bad.

Go in tomorrow morning and ask for a full clinical history printed out, don't let them tell you you can't have it. Tell them you are going for a second opinion and demand it immediately. This will show proof of every visit you have made and what the vet has written for each visit.
If you have kept all copies of invoices from each visit keep them handy as evidence if they refuse to give you the history.

Is it this vets own practice? If so, complain to the RVC. If not, make a written complaint to the practice manager or owner and cc it to the RVC.

I agree most buns will wolf down a bowl of pellets if they are on a decent diet at home. What on earth were they doing giving her 3 bowls full of pellets?!

i think it was more 3 hand fulls :? but even that is a bit to much.

its not her own practise so i will write to the person who is in charge and il get a second opinion.

the vet was my mums vet for ages with the cats and because my mum neglected the cats she only took them to the vets once their illness put them on deaths door :roll: i feel im being judged because of this and being accused of neglect because thats what my mum did with the cats.

shes not my normal vet i normally see a male vet who is really good with my buns he listens to me and i know he knows i look after them.

in teh past when they've had a few worries about their care they asked proper questions i.e when i had honey and she had all the breathing problems they asked if i had her confined in a room without any fresh air etc. basically trying to help improve her health and my knoledge on care they didnt just accuse and shout at me and basically say im neglecting them :shock:

now that ive calmed down abit looking back i think the arguement looked abit dramatic :shock:

i know this may sound a bit far fetched but could she of accidently been talking about another rabbit if you can clearly see she is not underweight and all bone, and she had had a very busy day and of wrongly taken it out on you, granted i would still complain,
i agree with with others all my buns eat like lil piggies, i understand after an op what with injections they can drink a lot too i sometimes feel guilty when i feed my buns and they eat like ive never feed them, so sorry you where left to feel so bad,

Thats awful and really out of order.
Your obviously doing best for her by being in the vets to start with.

I would really make a formal complaint, as how you have being spoken too is awful. Regardless of them having a difficult day they have no right to speak to you like that.

Hugs xx

tell your vet that if the teeth check was made 3 weeks ago, and if the bunny really weren't eating enough, then he is negligent of not saying anything 3 weeks ago. (it's a trick, because that way, he can't be right in both occasions)

I live sort of in your area and so am interested in which vet practice this was. I personally took a long time to find a good vet in this area and currently use Judith Brown at First Vets in Forrest hall. ( she is the named Vet at the RWA and does loads of fund-raising and awareness building for them) Needless to say she is excellent with rabbits and other small animals, ( all my rat friends use her too, from all over the north east). I would not hesitate to recommend her too you.

I would definitely complain about this Vet tho because almost every thing they did was totally unprofessional.

I'm sure if a vets practice put a huge bowlful of food in front of my buns they would also stuff their faces like they'd never eaten before. It doesn't mean they're underfed, it means they're given a good healthy diet involving lots of hay, so they behave like kids and a jar of sweets when they're given pellets :roll:

I've only just seen this thread. :shock: I totally agree with the above.

It also could be potentially dangerous to feed a whole load of dried food to a bun who is only used to a limited amount. My bun can't eat dried food at all without going into stasis, and a vet should know that any change to the diet can be detrimental.

I have NEVER forgotten about the treatment I've received from the vets :( I took my pet castrated dutch Lewis to the vets for an abscess on his cheek and the vet basically just got the scrapell, cut it open and said don't worry you have others!!!!!!!! :shock: :(

I had a pet Nethy and I took her for the vets for her jabs and she got injected in her side and got an abscess :(

I have NEVER forgotten about the treatment I've received from the vets :( I took my pet castrated dutch Lewis to the vets for an abscess on his cheek and the vet basically just got the scrapell, cut it open and said don't worry you have others!!!!!!!! :shock: :(

I had a pet Nethy and I took her for the vets for her jabs and she got injected in her side and got an abscess :(

:shock:

What happened to lewis? Was he ok?

You're vet sounds like a complete :evil::censored::censored::censored: I can't belive what she said...if you didnt care about you're bunnies why would you even be at the vets in the first place :?:roll: stupid cow, id report her. And I wouldnt take any of my animals back to that practice!

Back